Kubota B2601

Mjinpa

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2020
Pennsylvania
I bought a B2601 new in 2020. I’ve finished the projects that I intended on using it for and I’m considering selling it. Just trying to get an idea on what it’s worth in the current market. I’m in western Pennsylvania. Tractor is basically mint with 120 hours. It has the LA435 ssqa loader with 54 inch bucket and tooth bar. BH70 backhoe with 16 inch bucket. 60 inch mmm, drive over deck. Mower was only used 3 times to cut one acre. Landpride BB1560 box blade. King Cutter 3 point hitch ball mount/receiver for moving trailers. King Cutter 60 inch rear blade. Titan clamp on pallet forks. All implements were purchased new and are in great condition. Rear pto has never even been engaged. Zero issues with the tractor and has remainder of factory warranty left. Let me know what you think.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It’s worth about what you paid for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Mjinpa

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2020
Pennsylvania
It’s worth about what you paid for it.
Thanks for the reply. So about 30k would be a reasonable asking price? I have that much into the tlb and mmm. The other implements were all additional and weren’t purchased with the tractor.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks for the reply. So about 30k would be a reasonable asking price? I have that much into the tlb and mmm. The other implements were all additional and weren’t purchased with the tractor.
Probably a fair price to start.
Before you sell the tractor, give the Titan clamp on forks to your worst enemy!:p

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
That actually sounds like a very nice package you have assembled there in PA.

Good luck with the sale; I would add that if I were in your position I would also list the various implements (BB, mower, forks, rear blade) separately as well as part of the overall package.

While the additional implements certainly add to the overall package value, not every buyer will have an immediate use for every one of those implements. There's likely lots of tractor owners looking to acquire their next implement and if you 'pared down' your package somewhat, you could lower the asking price of the tractor with loader & backhoe and presumably attract a larger field of potential buyers. (y)

Mjinpa

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2020
Pennsylvania
Probably a fair price to start.
Before you sell the tractor, give the Titan clamp on forks to your worst enemy!:p
They are ok for the money. Definitely wouldn’t use them for doing any heavy lifting on a regular basis but good for occasional use. Worked well as a poor mans grapple for brush.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It’s worth what someone will pay. The struggle could be tire kickers shopping for a deal used, or those that may prefer to finance at that price for something so new vs pay cash. That being said a tractor is an asset and if in really good condition they should be easily worth what you paid, including the implements…that could take patience though vs the financees. Personally I’d rather buy a new machine that just completed the first service and no known issues…that’s better than new to me. Don’t forget in past year or so availability has been an issue for machines and implements…availability is worth something too. Good luck.

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I recently went to purchase an M7060. Was going to trade in my B2620, which is the older version of your B2601.
Mine has the loader, mm mower, backhoe, rear snow blower, Land Pride 60 inch box blade and hydraulic angle blade, 4 brand new spare rims and tires, all manuals and complete detailed service records of everything I ever touched on it, which is more frequent than called for. I replace ALL fluids and filters every fall. Also has added front and rear LED work lights, I added a horn, 12V socket and quick hitch.

I was offered $25,000 Canadian for all that. I decided to keep it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I recently went to purchase an M7060. Was going to trade in my B2620, which is the older version of your B2601.
Mine has the loader, mm mower, backhoe, rear snow blower, Land Pride 60 inch box blade and hydraulic angle blade, 4 brand new spare rims and tires, all manuals and complete detailed service records of everything I ever touched on it, which is more frequent than called for. I replace ALL fluids and filters every fall. Also has added front and rear LED work lights, I added a horn, 12V socket and quick hitch.

I was offered $25,000 Canadian for all that. I decided to keep it.

You made a good decision !

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I bought a B2601 new in 2020. I’ve finished the projects that I intended on using it for and I’m considering selling it. Just trying to get an idea on what it’s worth in the current market. I’m in western Pennsylvania. Tractor is basically mint with 120 hours. It has the LA435 ssqa loader with 54 inch bucket and tooth bar. BH70 backhoe with 16 inch bucket. 60 inch mmm, drive over deck. Mower was only used 3 times to cut one acre. Landpride BB1560 box blade. King Cutter 3 point hitch ball mount/receiver for moving trailers. King Cutter 60 inch rear blade. Titan clamp on pallet forks. All implements were purchased new and are in great condition. Rear pto has never even been engaged. Zero issues with the tractor and has remainder of factory warranty left. Let me know what you think.
These types of questions are hard to answer but I will share one thought as regards "what you paid for it".

I started shopping for a L3901 in April of 2021. I was a motivated buyer with cash in hand. I went and looked at a 2 year old machine that had something like 170 hours on it and was immaculate. The seller essentially wanted "what he paid for it". I then went and looked at an identical brand new machine that was about $4K more. I tried to get the seller of the used machine to reduce his price and failed. At that point 0% financing on a zero hour machine with full factory warranty was enough to persuade me to buy new. Shortly after I bought the new machine the seller with the used machine came back with a $4K lower offer. That might have been enough to get me initially but at that point the other deal was done.

My point is its hard to make a $30K cash sale on a 2-3 year old machine with expiring warranty when the dealer is offering a new zero hour machine and full warranty for $5k more and zero percent financing over 6-7 years.

Dan

Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Agree. What matters is the gap between new and used, particularly with financing on offer. However, in the current market, the new one is probably 10-15% more expensive than the OPs was when bought. In which case it's worth what he paid, but also worth 10-15% less than new.