Kubota B26 with heavy plow

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
I have a B26 TLB. I am looking at a 72 inch plow made for a skid steer. It weighs about 750 pounds, and is a good deal. I am a bit concerned over the weight of the plow as it may be a bit much for my machine to push with heavy snow. I am planning on getting chains for rear tires. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I know the B-series TLB’s are pretty stout for hydraulics, etc., versus the standard tractor configurations.
That said, my gut says 750 pounds might be a little too much.
I would first go to tractordata.com, or other site to look into lift capacity, tractor weight and other specifications to help you evaluate it further.
Is this an SSQA, where the bucket comes off and is replaced by the blade? If there’s an A-frame and angling hydraulics, etc., the blade might be quite a distance forward of the lift pins, which makes it much more difficult for the tractor to lift.
Again, just my gut talking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
My L4060 does fine with a 535 lb ssqa blade, but I don't think I would want it any heavier.
What are your loaders specs 500mm forward of the pins ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
My L4060 does fine with a 535 lb ssqa blade, but I don't think I would want it any heavier.
What are your loaders specs 500mm forward of the pins ?

Loader specs at 500mm forward is: 946 lbs.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Personally, I'd pass on a blade that heavy. As RCW mentions, your machine is heavier duty than the average cut, but that's a lot of weight routinely hanging off the loader arms.
I would be less concerned about actually plowing with it than I would be with roading the tractor and the constant lifting / lowering.

rjv140

May 31, 2016
Pa
Thanks for the responses. I’ll probably pass on it. It’s not good enough deal to take the risk of it not working and having to resell it.

I’ll probably just go with a landpride or blue diamond one which are more manageable at around 550lbs.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks for the responses. I’ll probably pass on it. It’s not good enough deal to take the risk of it not working and having to resell it.

I’ll probably just go with a landpride or blue diamond one which are more manageable at around 550lbs.

Probably a good choice. If RJ’s can handle 535 pounds, guessing you’ll be okay. Some others may have better knowledge than mine of the B26.

Just a note, not only is weight important, it’s where it’s located relative to the lift pins. Just through physics, the further forward means much more work to lift it.

Trust me, not trying to be a smartie-pants to you.... more directed to new guys that have to learn that concept. Sometimes they learn it the hard way. Maybe it will help someone in the future....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: