Kubota B26 cutting edge hardness? Regular steel any good?

mmurray70

Mar 8, 2020
Newfoundland,Canada
I need a cutting edge for my b26. Is the factory edge hardened? I have some flatbar here that will fit. Will regular steel work or do i need to get it from kubota?

Also, anybody know the thickness? Mine was replaced before, dont know exact size. 1/2" think be ok?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I need a cutting edge for my b26. Is the factory edge hardened? I have some flatbar here that will fit. Will regular steel work or do i need to get it from kubota?

Also, anybody know the thickness? Mine was replaced before, dont know exact size. 1/2" think be ok?
"Regular steel" is not adequate for a cutting edge!
You can buy from Kubota, but I suspect that you may do much better from an aftermarket cutting edge supplier.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
regular steel is 'ok', used it for my toothbar. How well ,depends on what you're 'cutting' and how much. for more than 'occasional use', I'd go with a harder grade. My toothbar is on 7-8 months of the year, used almost daily, so I resharpen every couple of months,not a big deal to me. Most of the material is 'dirt on the ground', not gravel on pavement', pushing snow on pavement, 'dumpsterdive' steel bar has 500+ hrs on it.Again , WHAT you're using it for matters.