Kubota b21 no glow plug light no starting

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
More likely it fell off.

The fuse color in the Messicks one I posted earlier was red which I believe stands for 50 amps.

Go to places like NAPA and try and find one. Do not bypass the fuse as it is a great way to start a fire.

To prove to yourself my diagnosis is correct momentarily connect the two terminals together and see if things start working.

Just briefly.......

Dave
I have join the two wire and it is working. Thanks but I don’t understand how It could work before without it . Can I work for a while without damaging anything

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have join the two wire and it is working. Thanks but I don’t understand how It could work before without it . Can I work for a while without damaging anything

Once the engine started it could likely work but when it came time to power the glow plugs or charge the battery, or engage the starter there would be no power to do so. This is why I think the fuse fell off in use.

The risk of melting wires and starting fires is one to be taken very seriously.

At the very least go to a NAPA or similar and look for a fuse. You may find that the fuse will let the the two male teminals slide inside and some tape could hold things together..

Dave

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
Once the engine started it could likely work but when it came time to power the glow plugs or charge the battery, or engage the starter there would be no power to do so. This is why I think the fuse fell off in use.

The risk of melting wires and starting fires is one to be taken very seriously.

At the very least go to a NAPA or similar and look for a fuse. You may find that the fuse will let the the two male teminals slide inside and some tape could hold things together..

Dave
Big thanks for your time and knowledge. How many amps should I buy the fuse