Kubota B1700 Starting Issue

bystandered

Equipment
Kubota B1700
Jun 25, 2021
barrie
Hello Everyone - Im new here and looks like you are all a friendly bunch who help each other out...hoping to do the same!

I just bought an approx 20 yr Kubota B1700 diesel lawn tractor. I cant believe I waited to get a diesel my whole life...this thing is amazing. It has approx 1500 hrs and was babied from the start. My question...After cutting grass this past week for a few hrs I turned it off and went in for a beer. I can back out and tried to start it with no luck. So far I have 1) Checked to make sure its in neutral (pedal) 2) Checked to make sure I have enough gas 3) Made sure the PTO lever is all the way down 4) Made sure cutter lever is off (down)

But I can seem to find the issue? Any ideas?

I am getting full power from the battery (all lights and glow plugs light up)

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
Are you getting full voltage to the start terminal of the starter? If not follow the wiring diagram to see where you're losing voltage. Full power and making some lights come on is totally different. Confirm that the battery terminals and grounds are clean and tight. You can also try jumping from the positive side of the battery to the start terminal to see if it cranks.

bystandered

Equipment
Kubota B1700
Jun 25, 2021
barrie
Are you getting full voltage to the start terminal of the starter? If not follow the wiring diagram to see where you're losing voltage. Full power and making some lights come on is totally different. Confirm that the battery terminals and grounds are clean and tight. You can also try jumping from the positive side of the battery to the start terminal to see if it cranks.
Thank you very much for your reply, I will give that a shot

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Check the ground, check the clutch safety switch. My first go to's everytime. It's usually a bad ground.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
When a tractor fails to start starting with the basics, either the starter rotates the engine and it won't fire or the starter won't even engage. Each brings up a different troubleshooting sequence.