Kubota B 6100: Snowblowers?

Farley

Feb 19, 2015
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi Folks:

I have an old (either 79 or 80) Kubota B 6100 tractor that I want to rig with a front snowblower. This forum seems to have lots of knowledgeable people- who can fill me in on what snowblowers will work on this machine?

I have the dozer blade attachment but it is not sufficient for large snowfalls. However, I may be able to cannibalize the controls and mount for the blade to use for a blower- anyone know of a kit that will just fit the same hoses and bolt right up?

I am not in a rush- my plan is to get it rigged for next winter, so I have time to come up with a plan. My dozer blade is buried under about 6 feet of snow as I type this, but I can add pix of that and progress as I move along.

Thanks in advance for all input,

Farley

barts

Equipment
4wd B5100, FEL with Piranaha bar, box blade, log arch, 3 point hitch adaptor
That tractor is only a little more powerful than my B5100, with 14 hp. I'm pretty sure the hydraulics on that unit are quite insufficient to provide more than a fraction of the engine's power to the snowblower; I think loaders for that tractor fitted an extra front mount pump.

The front PTO is another option, but it is the front crankshaft of the engine, so you'd need one of the electric clutch PTO setups to let you turn the snow blower on and off; alternatively, you could fit a front mount hydraulic pump, but either way it's quite a project by the time you're done.

Snow blowing is something that requires a fair amount of power, I think.

- Bart

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bart,
I'm pretty sure that Farley was talking about using the hydraulics to lift the unit, not to drive it. ;)
If my 5HP gas 1970's simplicity can run a 36" snowblower, I'm pretty sure a Kubota diesel can handle it. :rolleyes:

The B6100 optionally came with the B748, B748A, Or B748B Snowblower driven by Clutch unit B9310, or B9320

Farley,
You will need to get a motor driven PTO clutch to drive the blower, that can be the hardest part to find.
The snow blower is fairly easy to find.

Last edited:

barts

Equipment
4wd B5100, FEL with Piranaha bar, box blade, log arch, 3 point hitch adaptor
Bart,
I'm pretty sure that Farley was talking about using the hydraulics to lift the unit, not to drive it. ;)
If my 5HP gas 1970's simplicity can run a 36" snowblower, I'm pretty sure a Kubota diesel can handle it. :rolleyes:

The B6100 optionally came with the B748, B748A, Or B748B Snowblower driven by Clutch unit B9310, or B9320

Farley,
You will need to get a motor driven PTO clutch to drive the blower, that can be the hardest part to find.
The snow blower is fairly easy to find.
I saw the 6' of snow... I guess if you don't let it get away from you, you're set...

- Bart