Kubota 4690 Backhoe

jomch

Equipment
Kubota L3300
Jul 25, 2021
Georgia
I have an 3300L Kubota with a 3-point hitch mounted 4690 Backhoe. I have had it since new (around 1998). The swing cylinder has a leak. DXoes anyone have any experience with the proper way to remove the swing cylinder? Thank you!

Joe

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Looks like the same swing mechanism design as the backhoe on my b8200. Mine is not leaking but i have some ‘rubber bumpers’ to install on it. From looking at it i believe you just need to unbolt either the cylinder base end or the outrigger arm itself to uncover a large bolt between the two which is threaded into each end of the swing cylinder’s rod. Once you remove both those bolts and the hydraulic lines and chains i believe it would simply angle out one side between the backhoe boom and the outrigger.

This is just what i think from looking at it. So far i havent done it and have just avoided banging the hoe all the way to either side until i get around to installing those bumpers. Theyve been riding around on the bottom of my control sticks for at least 8months.. 😂