Kubota 400 ci backfire issue

Rollo

Equipment
Kubota RTV400ci
Mar 18, 2023
Michigan
Looks like it's .11 to .16 mm (.0044 to .0063 in) for both. Screenshot attached.

Also, here is a link to the workshop (service) manual: https://www.kubota.cz/data/soubor/WSM_RTV400_EN.pdf

I'm having the same issue here. So far I've done engine oil change, transmission/differential oil change, new spark plug, new fuel injector, both air filters, added inline fuel filter, and a new 300CCA battery. The issue persists.

Would be great to hear if the valve clearance adjustment fixes this. Please send updates!
A friend was over and wanted to adjust the valves by seeing if they were open or closed. It definitely made a big difference in the amount of times it backfires and also less impactful or power loss during backfires. This weekend I am going to go strictly by the book and adjust the valves. Looks like I am on the correct path.

Rollo

Equipment
Kubota RTV400ci
Mar 18, 2023
Michigan
I readjusted the valves to .005 and it seems to be what the issue was. It might have a slight backfire once in a while, so I will bring it down a little more one day. But it is greatly improved. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Reactions: 1 user

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Great news Rolio! Great job fixing it, and glad you are back in business!

Reactions: 1 user