Kubota 3561 finish mower, whats it worth

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I found a used 5 foot Kubota 3 pt. finish mower model 3561, they are asking $450 and was wondering if it sounds like a good deal to you folks in the know? :)
There are a couple pics in the classified add and it looks straight and not beat up just weathered and faded.

senecak19

Equipment
Dethatcher, Brush Forks, Land Plane
Jun 20, 2013
Western MA
I found a used 5 foot Kubota 3 pt. finish mower model 3561, they are asking $450 and was wondering if it sounds like a good deal to you folks in the know? :)
There are a couple pics in the classified add and it looks straight and not beat up just weathered and faded.
I took a random look and there's a 6' by me for $795. I'd say your doing good. I've been searching for one for months. That means I'm no expert, but I've been shopping for quite some time. The best I've seen on Craigslist is $500 for a 5' around here.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Thanks for the link, I saw that add come up a few times during a search myself.

I took a random look and there's a 6' by me for $795. I'd say your doing good. I've been searching for one for months. That means I'm no expert, but I've been shopping for quite some time. The best I've seen on Craigslist is $500 for a 5' around here.
I have come across a few expired adds from CL and other sources and I think $450 looks like a good buy if it looks good. I am trying to get ahold of the guy so I can look it over in person this weekend.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Guy finally called me back and I will be looking at it tomorrow. He had previously had it for sale and then not and now he decided he wants a box scraper worse than the mower and is willing to sell the mower again.
If it looks good I will have me a new toy tomorrow!:D

http://www.bismanonline.com/3pt_kubota_finish_mower

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Can you install front wheels on that deck? For what it's worth, I wouldn't like mowing with a two wheel mower- I like my 4 wheel Woods. It has to be easier to use.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Can you install front wheels on that deck? For what it's worth, I wouldn't like mowing with a two wheel mower- I like my 4 wheel Woods. It has to be easier to use.
It is supposed to have 2 fixed rollers on the front from other pics I have seen of them, in the picture of the front side in the add looks like someone cut them off the one I am going to look at. Minor issue and easy to fix if I get it.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Picked it up for $425 and use of his utility trailer for 60 miles to haul it out to my in-laws farm for now., it has been patched in a couple spots and is missing the front rollers but is overall in good condition other wise.

Wild and Free

Equipment
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
OK next question, I am gearing up to do some fixing on this thing just minor stuff like seals in the gear box and put front guide rollers back on that are long gone along with the brackets.

Who built these things for Kubota? Other than the color and kubota decals and model tag there isn't a single metric bolt on the thing as would be standard on kubota equipment which makes me think that is was built by another company and rebranded for kubota.

I am having a hard time finding parts breakdown for the thing and upon disassembly noticed this and got me to thinking maybe I can find parts easier if I knew who built it for kubota if it is the case.
I am going to fix it up a bit and resell it as I have no use for it now, I bought it to use at the inlaws farm but they came up with other options so next spring it will find a new home.

Last edited: