Kobito BX25D Snow Chains

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
I'll tell ya'll what.. Today it snowed about 10" and I was happy about it until I tried to install my new snow chains! I ordered them about two weeks ago and was told they'd fit perfect. Even purchased the springs. I was shocked how loose they were, such a disappointment. I guess they'd fit if I cut them down about one or two spans. I hate buying stuff I won't used. Ended up plowing the snow without them and no issues. Hopefully I'll be able to return them!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
With tire chains the maker has to match a bunch of different tire sizes. So they will run long most of the time. Always figure that you may have to cut off extra. That's better than having to add stuff. I like to have them set so there are no extra links of the side chain on the inside and only a few extra links on the outside, to avoid problems with that slopping around. I like to have the inside side chain one link longer in use than the outside. Bunji cords do wonders to take up the slack if you are bothered with that. With that machine you had better keep the chains tight, since the fuel tank is very close.

On front tires you may even have to remove one link from the cross chains due to tight clearances with tie rod ends. That stuff won't cut so use an abrasive cut-off wheel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are the chains too wide or too long?
Like cerlawson said chains are usually made for a range of different tire sizes.
Too long is normal just cut off the excess links, either a cutoff wheel or bolt cutters.
Too wide is a problem, then yes get different chains if you don't want to alter the ones you have.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Did you buy them from your Kubota dealer?

The reason I am asking is that I had 3 competing Kubota dealers tell me that chains on my BX24 was not recommended due to the BH sub-frame clearance and causing damage to a lot of things.

Maybe they have redesigned the area so they can now be used I don't know....

dom

Equipment
Kobito BX25D
Feb 18, 2014
Front Royal, VA
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! The chains are definitely too long, I'd say by about 8 inches or more. Now that I'm thinking about it, seems that the frame to tire clearance is dangerously close too!

I'm just going to try and return them.

Yeah, they are not factory chains.