K348-7 Finish Mower video and info

MahalKo

Equipment
B6100D
Jan 7, 2010
Columbus, OH
Here is a video of my B6100 with a K348-7 finish mower.

I had the mower set too low and I was mowing in the wrong direction most of the time! The book says to keep the uncut grass to your left and mow in a counter clockwise direction. But it was fun nonetheless

I have not used this mower much, as I have a 48" MOTT flail mower...

I've also have the Owner's/parts manual for this unit to share, but it is in pdf format @ 493 KB. This site is saying the file is too big to attach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuNSk5HjNs

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Nice little mower,I have one on my B5100E, Does the B6100 have a reverse rotation PTO, If so did you have to change the blades, The owners manual for my K348-7/K348-6 has a notation that the K348-6 is for the B6000 series machines.

Val

Rowdy Raven

Equipment
Satoh Buck, Kubota 48" finishing mower, Bush hog s48, koyker 110 FEL
Mar 11, 2011
Clemmons, NC, USA
Hey folks, I also have a K348-7 mower. Where can I get an owners manual or parts list for this mower? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions on how to keep the mower from scalping during turns would be awesome!!!

Thanks,
Rowdy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
No disrespect boss but I'd lable that video as "What not to do with a finishing mower'' Grass that thick and tall should ideally be cut with a rotarty mower aka bushhog. I noticed several times in the video that your tractor would bogg down and the deck got cloged up with clippings. I could see the tractor struggle several times and noticed the smoke blow by coming out the ehaust and also hearing ther rpms of the tractor bogg down. Also you had to life the mower up a few times so the tractor could keep up.

Yeah you mowed it but your putting one helluva strain and alot of extra wear and tear on your tractor and mower trying to cut grass thats over the hood of the tractor. Finishing mowers are better suited for lawns that are kept cut on a regualr basis and not really ment to cut anything over 4 to 6 inches.