Just signed off on a B2601

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Long time lurker and new poster. I just signed off on a B2601 sitting in my local dealer's shop. I loaded it up with the loader and 60" light materials bucket with the quick attach, 60" mower deck, backhoe w/ 16" bucket, and LP pallet forks. I sold my JD skid loader and now moving into a new arena with this tractor to use around my little acreage and orchard. Coming from the heart of Deere country here in Iowa, I will definitely be in the minority, but my research lead me to the conclusion that this was the unit for me.

Photos to come once I get it home in a couple of weeks. Dealer is ordering all the extras right now.

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Congrats Hogzilla! Sure to make all your friends ORANGE with envy.....

Your gonna like it.... Next comes Add-on Addiction. There is a twelve step program for that. Just make sure you park 12 steps from the bank door! :D:D

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations the B2x01 is a real improvement over the B2x20, I'm sure it will serve you well.

When I bought my first Kubota some years ago, I too lived in a sea of green, but now on my county road there are 4 more Kubotas. Green is and always will be predominant in the farm fields, but orange has gotten popular in the SCUT and CUT classes.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Congratulations! As you know I considered going green but Orange pulled me back in. I'm really happy with my B2601 so far. The upgraded features are sweet. I'm still getting used to working the HST pedal. Reverse seems a little awkward but I'll get the hang soon enough. I'm loving the grapple. Mine has already lost that new tractor smell/shine. Getting dirty is fun!

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Just got the bad news from the dealership that the loader is on backorder until the end of the August and the BH is backordered with no delivery date.

Very frustrating..... reevaluating at this point. Not sure I want to take delivery at this point with just a promise that there is more coming later (much later).

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Found another dealer that was able to fill the order. Sent emails to about 30 dealers in Iowa, Illinois and Missouri and found one. Backhoe had to be acquired, but they had the rest in stock and the BH is on the way. Turned out great as it was a slightly better deal overall and within 100 miles so not too far away.
Should be all set in a couple weeks.

Local dealer tried hard and gave their blessing once I found the other one so all is well.

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
Congrats and I think you'll love it once you get it and feel it was worth the wait!
I waited a little over a month for my dealer to get one in so I could compare it side by side with the 2650 and finalize my decision on the 2601.

Guv

Equipment
B2601
Jun 21, 2015
Seguin Texas
Congrtas from Texas! I just Traded my 2003 231S MF on a 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T;) and bought a new B2601 with a Loader and 48"Land Pride shredder to replace it. I had been wanting a smaller tractor with 4wd for some time know and the B2601 seemed perfect for my needs. Sooo much easier to operate and makes shredding kinda fun!

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Finally arrived today. Tried a few things out and dug a smallish hole. Dealer screwed up a couple pins (no cotter keys) so they fell out immediately and I had to correct. Otherwise everything is a go. BH is GREAT! Too hot to do much today but I have 2 weeks off starting Saturday so timing was perfect to support a couple weeks of projects.

I let the stepdad have the first ride! :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Really nice toy errr tool I meant to say tool, enjoy and work the snot out of it, she will love you for it

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
She looks great! Are you feeling the love? My B2601 is just the perfect size for me. Are you planning on a toothbar? I love my PTB.

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Sweet enjoy.

I have same set up but no MMM. I also have the thumb for BH and I use it all the time. I am about to log my 100th hour on my B2601 and just got it a month or so ago! I have really been working her. I have been amazed at some of the stumps I have pulled and the terrain I have safely traversed. I have accessed every area of my property so far with it.

After some hours on backhoe, you will learn to use the weight of the machine as much as possible. Its a light machine, but if you dont baby it and really work her around she can do some serious damage. But be careful, she can really toss around and you can smack your head or face on ROPS.

Like I said, the thumb has been invaluable, even if only mechanical.

GREASE the snot out of that baby, cuz I can pretty much promise you the dealer did not do a satisfactory job or even missed a few zerks.

Question for you? Can you raise your three point and let me know when it starts to raise. Does is go immediately or not until around 4-5?

Love my B2601, I am addicted to her! Now I gotta just stop driving her around with the brake on all the time.....knucklehead!

ok im babbling gotta run

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Harley -- yes there is no movement of the mower or 3 pt. until I get the 3 pt lever moved to the "4" or so. If you look at the linkage under the right side of the seat, there is some play, but that may be by design.

Loving the new B2601. Just built a MMM dolly and today loaded my own tires with windshield washer fluid. Have about 10 hours on it so far and it's awesome.