Just Purchased an L3901

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I didn't sign anything until they unloaded the tractor at my land. They ordered all the items I requested on my word and our verbal agreement.

Reactions: 1 users

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
The salesman showed up to work Saturday and called me with a bs story. I already had plan “b” and “c”.
So when he said Mr B. the loader for your tractor was warped but I am not sure when we will get another one in. I calmly said that’s okay let’s cancel the deal, I just need my $5k deposit back.
My local dealer was telling me that you can’t order any more of these tractors because a new model # has been introduced and they won’t start building those till next year.
‘So she said the only tractors that will be available is dealer stock that is already in the pipeline and that I could get on a list and it maybe a week but she is telling everyone 8-12 weeks.
Thats unacceptable to me, I went with the green guys and will have my machine delivered this week.

Reactions: 2 users

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
The salesman showed up to work Saturday and called me with a bs story. I already had plan “b” and “c”.
So when he said Mr B. the loader for your tractor was warped but I am not sure when we will get another one in. I calmly said that’s okay let’s cancel the deal, I just need my $5k deposit back.
My local dealer was telling me that you can’t order any more of these tractors because a new model # has been introduced and they won’t start building those till next year.
‘So she said the only tractors that will be available is dealer stock that is already in the pipeline and that I could get on a list and it maybe a week but she is telling everyone 8-12 weeks.
Thats unacceptable to me, I went with the green guys and will have my machine delivered this week.
I don't blame you. I had a terrible setup experience with my kubota tractor. If I had known I would've had them put it back on the truck to the dealer. I killed them on the kubota survey. For this reason I'll never purchase from them again.

Hope you enjoy your new tractor.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Good for you!
That dealer is horrible. I’m glad you took your business elsewhere.

May your new tractor serve you well.

Mike

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just wondering what green one you went with … a bigger one or smaller one.

Rbohno

Equipment
L3901
Jul 16, 2021
Iron Station, NC
3038e, I like the operators station better. There are good and bad things I compare , both are good machines and I would have loved to have a Kubota. But the green ones are good machines as well so to me it’s a Ford vs Chevy thing. All you guys have awesome machines and unfortunately I will never experience that ….. Cheers Guys

Reactions: 3 users

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
3038e, I like the operators station better. There are good and bad things I compare , both are good machines and I would have loved to have a Kubota. But the green ones are good machines as well so to me it’s a Ford vs Chevy thing. All you guys have awesome machines and unfortunately I will never experience that ….. Cheers Guys
Enjoy that new tractor. Glad you found a dealer that was good to work with.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
In my opinion, the E series Deere is a whole lot less tractor..... Lighter weight, aluminum rear housing, smaller front axles, only 2 speed tranny.... what's to like? I compared the E series and drove 30 minutes farther to a better dealer and a better tractor.
Glad you are happy with your decision....don't take this the wrong way....really not a better tractor though. I would of waited for the Kubota......

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
In my opinion, the E series Deere is a whole lot less tractor..... Lighter weight, aluminum rear housing, smaller front axles, only 2 speed tranny.... what's to like? I compared the E series and drove 30 minutes farther to a better dealer and a better tractor.
Glad you are happy with your decision....don't take this the wrong way....really not a better tractor though. I would of waited for the Kubota......
Why does this happen so often in this forum? Just because YOU don't agree doesnt mean he's wrong. Be happy for the guy. Reminds me of an old timer telling me I'm stupid for buying XX car or tool.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I didn't sign anything until they unloaded the tractor at my land. They ordered all the items I requested on my word and our verbal agreement.
Same here. We had an email exchanges, prices agreed, the complete order (tractor, blower, FEL, backhoe, box blade) got delivered and the delivery driver walked me through the paperwork. I handed him a cheque for my down payment and a 7 year 0% took care of the rest. No money changed hands until my equipment was set up ion my driveway ready to blow snow.