just finished 50 hour service on l3800

startinglate66

Equipment
L3800, Landpride 2060
May 26, 2014
Carlinville, IL
I got some good advice here about this first service. I thought I would share how mine went. I used Kubota Hydraulic and HST filters, a Wix oil filter, SUDT to top off the hydraulic oil ( I lost about 1.5 quarts ), and decided on Rotela T6 Full Synthetic 5W40 engine oil. My local Kubota dealer said most customers are going with 5W40 Synthetic from 50 hours on. Not much fluid came out of the engine until I removed the oil fill plug then it rushed out both drain holes onto my shop floor. Either drain one side of the pan at a time or use a really big drain pan. HST filter didn't lose much oil there, but it really pours out when you remove the Hydraulic filter so be as quick as you can putting the new one on to minimize fluid loss. Thanks for all the advice and experience. I am really enjoying my new Kubota.

Negreet4600

Equipment
Kubota L4600 4x4 FEL
Dec 19, 2013
Negreet,Louisiana
Not sure if the 3800 is the same as my 4600 but are you sure you removed both drain plugs in the oil pan? Mine is 4 wheel drive and it has a drain plug on both sides of the front drive shafts.