Just didn't feel like putting the spike on...

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
So I just opened the forks as wide as they would go and took care of my round bales. I will be using the forks more often, that's for sure. There are certain times where I need the spike, but most of the time I don't.

Anyone else keep it simple?

IMFoghorn

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2014
E Kentucky
Thanks for the info. I'm supposed to have an L3800/FEL, RCR1860, box blade, and QA forks delivered today. (bad weather here so who knows) I've been anxious to see if the FEL will handle 4x5 round bales.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Thanks for the info. I'm supposed to have an L3800/FEL, RCR1860, box blade, and QA forks delivered today. (bad weather here so who knows) I've been anxious to see if the FEL will handle 4x5 round bales.
Won't be an issue! My system pressure is only 2250 PSI and I've been able to lift them to full height on level ground. Not something you want to do on anything but flat ground. I have R4 tires filled w/ beat juice (or whatever its called). You can tell its out there but it's not tippy; carries it rather well.

I lifted a pallet weighing 1 ton off of a semi and only needed 1 guy either side to gently help raise it off of the truck. Wouldn't do it on a daily basis, but it sure beats doing it by hand.

Last edited: