Just bought a new BX1880

tedavis

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Jul 2, 2017
Johnson City
Will have it in two weeks. Will come with a 50" snow blower, 60" front blade,54" mid mount mower. Looking to some how hook up a weight carrier of sort on the 3 point hitch any suggestions?

Kubbie

Equipment
B7300
Sep 3, 2016
Slatington, PA USA
Will have it in two weeks. Will come with a 50" snow blower, 60" front blade,54" mid mount mower. Looking to some how hook up a weight carrier of sort on the 3 point hitch any suggestions?
Congrats on your new tractor! I have its daddy, the B7300. For mine, I have a carryall on the 3-point that I built an attachment to carry my rolling chipper, as well as a box made of 2x4s that I use to carry my trash cans as well as loading it up with cinder blocks for rear weight ballast when needed.
There are a ton of videos on YouTube of how people built 3-point carryalls.
Congrats on your new tractor and welcome to the orange obsession!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Congrat's on your new purchase! I took delivery of a 2380 FEL this week, and love it so far!

I'm still feeling out the capabilities of this machine, but really impressed so far. As far as rear ballast, I have nothing, and was working with the FEL in some heavy wet dirt & mulch. Even with a full bucket, I had no problem being front heavy. And to be fair, I wasn't lifting more than 4-5' high. Yes, you could tell the back was light, but never created a problem, and using 4WD helped further. I'm not sure what I would be working with that would be heavier, so I think I'll go with it as-is for now. You might try working it a bit first, see how it goes, before you go too far with the ballast project.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Try Titan Attachments for a ballast box. Well made and will hold concrete, rocks steel or whatever you want to put in it.

StephenB

Equipment
Bx1880,MMM, loader.
May 24, 2017
Nova Scotia
I had a small metal barrel and filled it with cement and made a rear ballast for mine.
works good weighs about 230-50 lbs and I have rear tires loaded also.
Mine is a BX1880 also.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Do you know your snowblower part numbers? I want to get a front mounted snowblower for my BX23S before the winter. I cant find for certain if the quickhitch and pto from the 70 Series of machines will fit. Seems to be some conflicting info so far?