Just bought a B2601

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The REAL question is, who holds the record for the number of times attempting to drive with the PB set,........ in ONE day?
I mowed about 2 acres with it on - because I'd only put it on very lightly. Funny smell after a while.

I very rarely put it on. When my better half drives the tractor she puts it on. Always stumps me why it won't go properly, takes a couple minutes to work out it's the brake.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hi All,
I just bought a new B2601! Brought it home and unloaded off of the trailer drove it around the front yard and shifted from M to H while moving. I got the grinding sound and I’m hoping I didn’t screw up my new tractor it only has 1 hour on it. What do you guys think? I know I should have read the manual before I did anything.
No worse than grinding the gears in a manual. I've done it on my B2601 a few times, and no adverse effects. If they made them so weak that grinding the gears was fatal, they'd never sell any tractors. They're made to be worked hard, and they put plenty of them into rental fleets where people abuse them.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't think I would sweat it.

I've done it couple times in error.

I wanted PTO engagement or 3PH levers...grabbed wrong one.

Reactions: 1 user

IAkubotaGuy

Equipment
B2601
Mar 26, 2023
Iowa
No worse than grinding the gears in a manual. I've done it on my B2601 a few times, and no adverse effects. If they made them so weak that grinding the gears was fatal, they'd never sell any tractors. They're made to be worked hard, and they put plenty of them into rental fleets where people abuse them.
Thanks Paul!