Joystick hanging up

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
L6060: Just started happening today. When you push the joystick forward to lower the bucket - it's as if the float function release is "catching" the lift will lower very slowly. Cycling the joystick seems to make it let go and operate properly. But it's back to the hanging up the next time you try to lower the bucket. No problem in raise or curl/dump only in lower..... any ideas?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
It sounds to me like the valve is sticking. Maybe a shot of WD40 on the valve and then working it will cure the problem.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Check to make sure all the nuts & bolts are tight on the joints under the joystick.
If nothing came loose, it might be moisture or debris built up inside the valve cup under the float valve.

Not sure i used the correct terminology for the float function "valve cup" or not.
If i didnt, somebody will come in and correct it for me.

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
Pa Pow hit it on the head. I have it working properly now BUT.....

when I removed the plastic cover to get at the controller.....the problem fell out. I just cannot for the life of me figure out what this part is supposed to do or where it is supposed to go. It’s clearly a stop bracket of some sort. But I couldnt find any place that it needs to be bolted to. I am attaching 3 photos of the part in case any of you have seen where it might go.

Attachments

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Part of a joystick lockout mechanism??? If everything works without it.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Pa Pow hit it on the head. I have it working properly now BUT.....

when I removed the plastic cover to get at the controller.....the problem fell out. I just cannot for the life of me figure out what this part is supposed to do or where it is supposed to go. It’s clearly a stop bracket of some sort. But I couldnt find any place that it needs to be bolted to. I am attaching 3 photos of the part in case any of you have seen where it might go.
Do these look right? They can be found here:

loader lock1.JPG
loader lock2.JPG