I've accepted the challenge, i must be mad.....

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
well guys, i wanted a new & challenging project, and now i have it.

As you will probably be aware by now, i am what could be better described as a " compulsive tinkerer " i just cant leave anything alone in one bit, working or not;):)

Anyway, i was talking with a guy i know about tractor building etc when he gave me a challange, it is this.

He has supplied me with a V1100 engine , a good runner and 90% complete but not setup for use in a tractor at present.
The deal is that i get to keep the engine free of charge if i can build a working kubota tractor using only the parts i have in my possesion, give or take small parts, but the tractor has to incorapate the V1100 power unit, and be fully working , not just a pile of bits that are not bolted together.

I accepted being the idiot that i am, now i just need to build a kubota tractor from a big heap of b6000/6100/7100/7001/8200 parts and a lot misc fitment wheel /tyre combo's .

I may have bitten of a bit much this time, anyway i'll put some pics up as i progress etc.

Its going to be a little power with 26hp too start with ....:):D

rob

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
This should be INTERESTING! Somewhere along the way something has got not to fit... Pictures!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Rob, if you are what you say you are, and you have parts resources like that, this should be a challenge to relish. And, you not only have the joy of succeeding, but you will have another tractor. Even if it is a Frankenstein.
And, on top of it all, you will have even more Kubota knowledge. Have fun!

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Good, winter is coming, got my comfortable seat, maybe I can learn something new this year.

Let's see, anything else...Oh yeah..

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
After this he's gonna build a Kubota drift racer!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Funny you mention that Kytim. Hodge and I was just discussing the other day on Facebook about a Kubota on the drag strip!

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Excellent, this should be good...

Looking forward to following this thread.

Rob, good luck and may the force be with you!

Steve

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yepper there Wojo,, welcome,, some days a laff some days it ahhhh I see,, others days it's ,,,awwww nooooo!!! It might take some time but you can get your answer in here for sure,, and maybe not do that,, AWWWWWWWWW WTF,,, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what did i just do,,,lol

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Funny you mention that Kytim. Hodge and I was just discussing the other day on Facebook about a Kubota on the drag strip!
Oh you boys!! Thing of it is, bet it could prob be done!

Wojo

Equipment
BX1860, 54" MMM, 48" FEL
Welcome Wojo,

Glad you are here!

Kind regards,

Steve
Yepper there Wojo,, welcome,, some days a laff some days it ahhhh I see,, others days it's ,,,awwww nooooo!!! It might take some time but you can get your answer in here for sure,, and maybe not do that,, AWWWWWWWWW WTF,,, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what did i just do,,,lol
Thanks for the welcome.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
well guys i have made a start on this, i looked at all the bits for a while:confused: and then decided to see what fitted together as a starting point, errrrrrrrrrrrrrr this is not going to be a 5 min job:eek:

Then made the descision to grab a chair , sit down and have a beer whilst i think about whats next;);) and thats about as far i have progressed today on it, but hey, its early days on this project, i'll need to ensure that there is plenty of cool beer in the fridge ready also...:D , i'll need it ....

More serious updates in the next few days guys...

have a good one

rob

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
YA might even want to try some bushmills or jamesons, what you got planed your gona need to be pretty fu,,,ahhhhh messed up,,,lol

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Good evening all, well then, i have started on the big build and it would appear that i need to do some " compatabilty " calculations in some areas:eek::eek:.
I'm not saying i have hit on a problem right at the start, more a case of trying to avoid as many probs as possible, so theres a lot of ground work to do first in a few areas such as engine to chassis fitment etc before i get the gas torch and mig out...;)

anyway guys, that aside i have been messing about with a possible instrument panel /dash assembly.
I have an old B8200 panel without switch gear or instuments, after some carefull trimming etc it will fit as required but i need to sort out fittings etc
I am going to make my own layout which will not include an key ign switch etc, but i would like to fit a totally different form of start up layout, i have an idea which involves the item in pic below, have a look and give me your thoughts.
i have a tacho that fits to the alternator allready and some other switch gear.

the item in the pics will serve as, 1 (spring) on switch on furthest right for heat, 1 switch under red cover for ignition on, and a big " Lets start her up " button:D:cool:

any thoughts on this mad idea.

rob

Attachments

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
well, a bit further on guys with this mad project, but not really at a point that i'm happy with it to be honest.:(
I am having a few , let just say " technical issues" and "compatability problems". with a major part of the project.
One of the main issues is what you could best describe as the " interfacing of the power unit to drive chassis" , also the "power drive output from the power unit to the rear axle /transmision device".:eek:

If that sounds a bit techy,;) then heres the proper version, the front half wont fit the back half ....:eek::confused::mad:

But i wont let it get the better of me just yet, i think its time for some more beer .:);)

pics coming soon , when i can feel safe to show you all the monster i have created.

cheers
all
rob