It's Gonna Get Cold Soon!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The National Weather Service says might be warmer than normal in the east, and wetter in the west.

Let's hope some of you guys out west in dry country get some rain/snow!

For me, I'm hoping less wood pellet usage than last 2 years.

But, like Skeets' thread about us guys stocking up, better to be prepared...

This is 5 ton total. Works for a normal winter. Did 6.5 each of last 2 years.

Mower deck is off. Fall service, oil/fuel filters, etc. this weekend.

Mexico, New York - about 50 miles north, had 9" of snow this week!!! ARRGGHHH!

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Had family in vermont posting pics of snow over the weekend. Been warm here in the low 80's during the day. And sixty's at night for the past couple days. Was high 60's and mid 30's before the warm up. Had the the chimney on my to do list this weekend and to stock up the wood rack on the back porch. But supposed to rain the next three days. Not gonna complain though. We've only had one day of rain in the past 6 weeks. They had 100 acres on fire last weekend about a mile south of us. The Botas feeling neglected. Having had it out in 5 weeks.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Pleas send the snow and cold to us in NJ! We would love a repeat of the last two winters! -10, -5, 0 all fantastic temps!

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I had 4 inches of snow on Sat and on Sun we got an inch or so. It was gone by 10 each day but lets you know what is coming

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yes, any day now. Not even close to ready.
HULK SAD.....
I really dont care for this time of year, wet sloppy snow and gravel mixed together ploppin on the floor. And my head. I really want to close shop for a month until ground and gravel roads freeze.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We are currently experiencing a aboriginal summer here! We are on borrowed time for winter and we still aren't fully winterized and ready?

But that just means I get to use my tractor another weekend! Then it will be time to put the snowblower on :(

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just talked to a friend up in Northern Ont,,, said it was ice and snow and the roads,, highway 11 sucked

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Pleas send the snow and cold to us in NJ! We would love a repeat of the last two winters! -10, -5, 0 all fantastic temps!
Gosh - last couple winters, I'd been glad to!

Seems like Binghamton had an average temp of 8 or 10 degrees for the month of February, and we're much colder here up in the sticks!!

I know several days my truck said -20 or so on the way to work!!:eek::eek:

BBRRR!!:eek:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
And here I was earlier today shaking straw out over GRASS SEED! As soon as the excavator put the final touches on the grading around Kubbie's new pole barn addition yesterday I was out there with the grass seed. Now that is optimism for you:D wonder what the chances are of it germinating before it freezes here? Still not into full leaf raking mode yet, so maybe.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Not winter yet in MN, still early fall temps here...one can only hope it stays nice till Thanksgiving.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Killington in Vermont opened a week or so ago along with a ski mountain in Maine, I think it wa Sugar Loaf. Had to turn the heat on a few weeks ago :( I have a few outdoor projects going on at the moment and I'm hoping the snow holds off for at least another month.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
If hurricane Patricia is any indication, we could be in for much more rainfall than usual this winter. Fine for me. I got a couple months work to do inside my barn. Perfect weather for working indoors. Good thing I got all the trenching done last Spring and got drain pipes run from all the downspouts. Now, the water runs away from the house and not into it.

Rain? Bring it on! Just don't use it all up on Phoenix. Make sure the Rockies get plenty of snow pack for Lake Powell and Lake Mead.

This was lake Mead at Hoover about five years ago. The lake is down another 20 feet now at the lowest level since the dam was built. The white band is the old water level...

Attachments