Is there a snow ploy for my G5200?

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Steve, yes they exist. I have one. Besides snow, it moves loose dirt very well too.

But i have never seen one like that shown above for a G5200. What model blade is that?

Steve Corgan

Equipment
G5200
Jun 27, 2020
Wildwood, Mo. U.S.A.
Thanks for the picture and feedback.

I finally found a Kubota snow ploy for my G5200. The model ID tag is missing, but I'm pretty certain it is a model G2001. The 48" blade looks like the one above, but it attaches to my G5200 differently.

Mine has a single long arm or beam that attaches to the blade on the front and then travels the full length of the tractor where it attaches with a single 3/4" bolt to a plate that's bolted to the bottom of the transmission at the same place the trailer hitch bolts on. About mid-way the beam has a crossmember that attaches to the same mechanism that lifts and lowers the mower deck. Does the same for the plow.

Sorry I don't have a picture. You can find one by googling it. The ploy is like new and I paid $150, which I thought was a good deal. Snow fall has been light so far in Missouri, so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Jsciutto

Equipment
D600 engine
Jan 18, 2021
Columbus, IN
Hello, I just checked the manual and it's a blade for the TG2001 and TB2002 Tractor, but it did fit on the G5200. Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

cliffboyer

Equipment
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
That was a fair price. Did you get the front bracket as well? If not you can make one from 4x4 angle. The vertical piece on the front portion of that rail pushes against this bracket. It basically transfers the force of tractor to the blade.

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
I would be interested in a blade for G5200 if anyone has one, please reply if ya have a lead

Steve Corgan

Equipment
G5200
Jun 27, 2020
Wildwood, Mo. U.S.A.
That was a fair price. Did you get the front bracket as well? If not you can make one from 4x4 angle. The vertical piece on the front portion of that rail pushes against this bracket. It basically transfers the force of tractor to the blade.
I just saw your post. I was traveling and missed it. Yes, I got the front guide bracket with it. However, it was lacking the rectangular 3" thick "block" where the 5/8" bolt attaches on rear of tractor. I drilled a 5/8"hole in the mount for the fixed trailer hitch and used a bolt, a clinch or jamb nut (some people call it) to tighten the bolt in place, and some spacers and nut to attach plow. Seems to work fine.

Steve Corgan

Equipment
G5200
Jun 27, 2020
Wildwood, Mo. U.S.A.
Cliff, are you saying that I should adjust it so that vertical piece of channel that guides the ploy up and down should butt up against the bracket? I have about 3/8" clearance there.

cliffboyer

Equipment
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
This is the bracket I made from some L-angle. The vertical channel on the plow frame rests against plate when plowing. You can see where paint has rubbed off between the two bolts. I think the factory bracket might have a tongue that extends down to add additional surface area, but I didn't have a welder at the time to fab one on.

When plow is pushed against something, there is a slight amount of flex (probably in the loose bolt connection and some deflection in the full length of channel that runs fore & aft) to allow contact on front bracket. Been a awhile since I had plow mounted, but thinking 1/8-1/4" of gap when not plowing.

There is hole in vertical channel to allow a hitch pin to be inserted when plow is raised. With pin inserted, lower plow and bracket will carry weight of plow for other duties when not plowing.
20210315_212133.jpg

Steve Corgan

Equipment
G5200
Jun 27, 2020
Wildwood, Mo. U.S.A.
This is the bracket I made from some L-angle. The vertical channel on the plow frame rests against plate when plowing. You can see where paint has rubbed off between the two bolts. I think the factory bracket might have a tongue that extends down to add additional surface area, but I didn't have a welder at the time to fab one on.

When plow is pushed against something, there is a slight amount of flex (probably in the loose bolt connection and some deflection in the full length of channel that runs fore & aft) to allow contact on front bracket. Been a awhile since I had plow mounted, but thinking 1/8-1/4" of gap when not plowing.

There is hole in vertical channel to allow a hitch pin to be inserted when plow is raised. With pin inserted, lower plow and bracket will carry weight of plow for other duties when not plowing.
View attachment 56433
Yes, I have the front bracket and my plow has the pin for fixing it in up position. Like I said, I didn't have the mounting block that goes on the rear end of the plow. I've only seen a picture of one and it wasn't clear, so I improvised.

I lined up the plow in front and attached it to where the mower deck normally mounts. Then I lined up the 5/8" hole in the rear end of the plow tongue and drilled a 5/8"hole in the trailer hitch plate already bolted to the differential case. I used about a 3.5" bolt, double nutted it so it was fixed tight and then I used spacers and another nut to attach tongue of the plow to it. Nearly all of the pushing force of the plow is transferred to that 5/8" bolt and hitch mount on rear. I think you're right though, makes more sense for tractor to push it. Do you have that block that goes between the tractor and plow tongue on rear via the 5/8" bolt? If so, could you post a few pictures of it and give me the approximate dimensions? Maybe I can fabricate one.

Steve Corgan

Equipment
G5200
Jun 27, 2020
Wildwood, Mo. U.S.A.
Yes, I have the front bracket and my plow has the pin for fixing it in up position. Like I said, I didn't have the mounting block that goes on the rear end of the plow. I've only seen a picture of one and it wasn't clear, so I improvised.

I lined up the plow in front and attached it to where the mower deck normally mounts. Then I lined up the 5/8" hole in the rear end of the plow tongue and drilled a 5/8"hole in the trailer hitch plate already bolted to the differential case. I used about a 3.5" bolt, double nutted it so it was fixed tight and then I used spacers and another nut to attach tongue of the plow to it. Nearly all of the pushing force of the plow is transferred to that 5/8" bolt and hitch mount on rear. I think you're right though, makes more sense for tractor to push it. Do you have that block that goes between the tractor and plow tongue on rear via the 5/8" bolt? If so, could you post a few pictures of it and give me the approximate dimensions? Maybe I can fabricate one.
I need a picture of how it mounts on the rear end of the tractor, where the 5/8" bolt attaches.

cliffboyer

Equipment
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
I will find that rear bracket and photo it...its in the shed somewhere. I never used it because it would not mount on bottom of axle housing due to a drain bolt in the way. Spacers would solve that, or boring a clearance hole.

The factory ball mount already had the clearance hole, and the rest of the geometry was correct anyway. My guess is the square tube on the rear plow bracket adds some extra rigidity, but for the little use it gets from me, not having it has not been an issue.

cliffboyer

Equipment
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Found it! 5"x6"x3/16" plate, with 3x3OD X 3/32 tube. 7/16" mounting holes. A 7/8" ball hole, exactly 5" & 1" OC from the ends.

Again, it would need spacers or a hole bored to clear a plug in bottom of axle housing. I would wager there is supposed to be a rubber bushing between the u-channel on plow and this plate when bolted up to allow for some flex. You cannot tighten the bolt up. I think my bolt has a pin as well to keep nut from falling off.

20210319_211632.jpg