Is the equipment shortage ending? Probably not, but look at this JD dealer's lot.

4-L Farms

Equipment
M4D-071
Jan 5, 2022
Corsicana Tx
Waited 3 months for a M4D 71 to become available here in Texas. Called 20 stealerships around the area and nobody knew when they would get one. I had to go to Ardmore Oklahoma 200 miles away to buy one!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so, I take it , 'stealerships' don't ask each other for stock ? seems silly to me.
when I worked at Radio Shack in the 70's, 'Inter Company Stock Transfers' were common. The store needing the item, paid a small amount for the transfer of the product. Customer got what they wanted, you got a happy customer, they'd come back to YOUR store, again and again and again....

4-L Farms

Equipment
M4D-071
Jan 5, 2022
Corsicana Tx
so, I take it , 'stealerships' don't ask each other for stock ? seems silly to me.
when I worked at Radio Shack in the 70's, 'Inter Company Stock Transfers' were common. The store needing the item, paid a small amount for the transfer of the product. Customer got what they wanted, you got a happy customer, they'd come back to YOUR store, again and again and again....
For some reason they are not working together because no one has any stock is what they are telling me. O well, it worked out as I got the tractor I wanted and saved $2k in price. The dealership here in town told me they would service it as if I bought it from them with no hard feelings.

Reactions: 1 user

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Everything coming in is sold and if it isn’t it sells once it hits the lot so there is nothing to send to another dealer. I bought a Sidekick as Covid hit and Kubota was discounting the 2018 left in stock and my dealer called around and bought a bunch of them. PreCovid you could do that but not now.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I ordered a LX3310 December 15/21 and the dealers next scheduled unit is Jan 2023. He said they will try to do a dealer trade when one pops up but no one else has one right now either. I did get a PD25 post hole digger this week that they did have but not the 24" auger. That might be amonth

Lonesouth

Nov 24, 2021
Tallahasee
Dealer says I'm first on the list for the next RTV that comes in. No mention of when that might be. The quote was $1k under MSRP based on kubota's build your own.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I'm still waiting on an LA 805, everything else is done and ready, but no loader yet.

Vladhed

Equipment
B2401DT, old rear blade, RCR1248 rotary cutter, MK Martin SB54 snow blower
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
It finally arrived at the dealer just after Christmas, after a long wait in Vancouver waiting on the rail lines through the Rockies to get rebuilt after the washouts in November.

Got all the paperwork squared away today, just waiting on the "tire guy" to get back from holidays to load the tires with juice. "Delays, delays, delays..."
Mike the sales guy dropped off my B2401 this morning, just shy of 6 months after I ordered it! Fortunately we've had a really "dry" winter so far, hardly any snow accumulation. First thing I did was hook-up the rear blade so that it's ready to clear my 300m "driveway" should we get that big dump of snow we're due.
IMG_20220110_101955111.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
We are still waiting for equipment to be delivered that we ordered last spring. The region I work in for the national rental company I work for landed just shy of $300 million dollars in fleet lastyear, just in the North east (new england, upstate NY and eastern CA), we still have about 30 million that hasn't shown up yet. We used to purchase Kubota RTV's for our rental fleet, but they shut us off because they couldn't supply us and keep their dealers stocked this year. My guess is this is going to go on for quite a while longer...and pricing is going up every day

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I talked to my dealer yesterday on my order. Tractor is all done, but no FEL yet in sight. When they invoice the dealer, that is when they will know it's arriving. The good news is he verified the incentive and price is locked in by Kubota.