Is the equipment shortage ending? Probably not, but look at this JD dealer's lot.

Vladhed

Equipment
B2401DT, old rear blade, RCR1248 rotary cutter, MK Martin SB54 snow blower
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
I'm pretty sure BX are made in Georgia. I thought Bs were too, as are some of the larger machines. Many of the engines also made in USA. But I'm sure like pretty much every machinery manufacturer, they use parts from all over.
Their own web site only lists "sub-compact" for GA, but all tractors fromTX. GA seems to be the source of all important loaders and backhoes. Also looks like engines may all come from IL

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Compacts are built in the Jefferson GA facility going on 8 years now. That page is a bit out of date since new facilities were opened in 2017. The Lincolnshire facility looks like they may just assemble the engines or warehouse them there. It just so happens to be across from a company I used to do wireless support for. They have very few loading docks, no foundry, no outdoor storage racks and rarely have I seen a truck in the dock. There is also half the parking compared to the other company which I know does manufacturing.

Kubota has 3 huge plants in japan dedicated to their engines, so I think they come over seas and are warehoused in Lincolnshire along with the parts supply.

khydra.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Steeljag

Equipment
BX2380
Nov 1, 2021
Central Fl
Local Kubota dealer here in central Fl seems to be only low on the B series in both tractors and loaders. They do have I think two B series on the lot only because they can not get loaders for them.

local JD has no 1025R models……..and are saying mid Jan if ordered now !

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
There is an L3560HSTC at my dealer, BUT, no loader. I would have to either wait for the loader to arrive, or have two payments, or pay cash for the loader when it comes in, but the loader is actually what I need the most so I can put pallet forks on it. So I am stuck in limbo waiting for either an L4060 HSTC-LE or non LE to arrive with loader, or LA805 loader to arrive.

I did a search, there is a hoarder down in Texas with dozens of loaders on the lot. Now IF that was an L4060HSTC sitting there, I would go ahead and purchase it, then drive down to Texas and get the loader for it. I am already locked in on financing, or I would go get one elsewhere, but if I go elsewhere now, my credit would get buggered from a new inquiry since I can't take my contract with me.

So here I wait.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
EA just called me about my grapple. 3 to 5 months out.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
This John Deere dealer is located in Waynesboro, GA.; I drive past it on my way to our property in North Georgia. The lot has been full for about a month, and now it is crowded with equipment. The dealer has another lot across the street with more large compact and utility tractors parked in it. I have not noticed any turnover in my casual observations. Looking at Google images from around 3 years ago, the JD dealer's lot now has the same volume of equipment it had in the past.

The Kubota dealer is Waynesboro, only has about 1/4 the normal number of tractors (but up from 2 months ago). The Kubota dealer has had a large volume (as in it fills up the area) of various mowers and other implements/attachments throughout the summer. In fact, I believe I saw 4-6 grapples in crates; they have been there for about a month. The grapples appeared to be fairly large - possibly for a utility tractor.

If you are looking for something, you may just need to look/call/email dealers in your general area.

When I bought my LX in February this year at a different Kubota dealership, the dealer had the tractor (actually they had 2 SUs) and everything in my signature in stock. They only had to order the 3rd function valve kit. I had everything on the property within 10 days of purchase. View attachment 65356
I only see 1 cab machine there, are there more on the other side? If not looks like a marketing ploy...ie come in we are fully stocked.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I only see 1 cab machine there, are there more on the other side? If not looks like a marketing ploy...ie come in we are fully stocked.
There were some more cabbed units that are blocked by the combines. However, most dealers in that area tend to stock sub-compact, compact and utility tractors without cabs; I guess the production agriculture tractors with cabs are ordered due to the specificity of the tasks.

The nearby Kubota dealer had 1 cabbed MX with loader for a few weeks, but it is gone.

The JD dealer has more equipment now than when the photo was taken. They have filled their lot across the street with compact and utility tractors and mowers (garden and zero turns).

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Well at least glad we are getting some equipment back on the lots. Kubota is still crazy scarce in my area.

Reactions: 1 user

Vladhed

Equipment
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
Compacts are built in the Jefferson GA facility going on 8 years now. ...

Kubota has 3 huge plants in japan dedicated to their engines...
Was taking to my dealer about my B2401 that was due "in September" but now has a "November 30th" delivery date. He says it is coming from Japan, same as all tractors for the Canadian market! He said they've had shorter shipping times since they started landing in Vancouver and using rail to get to Eastern parts. Says they were landing in Montreal but then the can would just get buried for two weeks!

Canada only get loaders, backhoes, mower decks from Georgia (things without motors).

Reactions: 1 users

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Seems like Skid Steers are plentiful. Can't cut or bale hay with one though. The L3560 is still there, but without a loader, apparently no one is interested.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I counted 8 cabbed tractors on Friday; there could be more. They all appeared to be utility or ag sized machines.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Just went by the JD dealer in Athens, TX. Pretty sparse. Kubota also, they had no compact or subcompact machines on the lot…no Quick Hitches the list goes on.

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
I work for a large national equipment rental company and the equipment shortages in general are getting beyond crazy. My district alone, southern new england, is waiting on over 5 million dollars worth of fleet from various manufacturers that was supposed to have been in as long ago as April!

I tried to purchase a Kubota RTV 4 months ago to put in our rental fleet for one of our large customers who requested it specifically, and Kubota would not sell it to me because they couldn't give me a ship date and they were stocking their dealers first. They told me if I wanted one to go to my local dealer and purchase it at retail! Our preferred rough terrain scissor lift manufacturer also uses Kubota diesel engines in their 26 and 33' models and at one point around July had "hundreds" of machines fully built waiting on engines to show up so they could finish them and ship them out to us, we still haven't received them!!!

I've been in the industry for 17 years and have never experienced anything like this before. Demand is through the roof and we can't get the fleet to cover orders. My old store has over 47 million dollars in fleet and we have averaged almost 80% of it on rent for most of the summer. Crazy times right now!!

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I can't imagine that Kubota shut down all their engine plants in Japan, so where are the engines? Are the lack of engines the reason for the delay? I know tubing is an issue, huge backlogs of tubing, first come first serve so those companies that had orders in first are getting supplied, those that didn't now have long waits, hence the lack of loaders and backhoes, and anything else that uses hydraulic cylinders.

I just hope I can get the L4060 before winter hits and snow and ice seal my barn shut again like it always does, then I won't be able to put it away until thaw.

Vladhed

Equipment
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
I can't imagine that Kubota shut down all their engine plants in Japan, so where are the engines? ...
Not at all. I believe both Kubota engine and steel tube manufacturers are going flat out, probably producing more output than ever before, but the demand still exceeds supply in both. You can model this behaviour with queuing theory, which shows that the longer the imbalance exists the longer and longer delays consumers will experience. This is true when the imbalance is as small as 1%, but in this case it got a bit of a kick at the beginning when a lot of factories shutdown but industries like farming were less affect and farmers kept breaking their machines at the usual rate....

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Or they are sitting in containers outside of some port waiting to be unloaded.

Not just JD and Kubota, try finding a Case 45C which is a near direct comparison to the L4060. None can be found. I just bought a pellet stove last week, by the time my order hit the warehouse, they were sold out of the one I bought and had to settle on a similar but different one. It shipped Monday, arrived at the store today, so trucking isn't as bad as what is being said, at least in the middle of the country, so as usual, Media is lying to us, what is really up at the ports?

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I view this as a chain reaction, like a big car accident on the freeway where there is a lot of tight traffic.

All industries run on really tight margins to maximize profits and keep prices low. We aren’t out there building a safety factor into the supply chain in case there is a pandemic.

We’ve been hit by disruption in the supply chain which is already a big issue and then it got millions of times worse when you add in historically high demand.

Reactions: 3 users

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Have some good news on my end, the L4060 is in, but no loaders yet. Now if I want to pay cash and take a drive there are a few down in Texas, but I think I will wait.