Is the equipment shortage ending? Probably not, but look at this JD dealer's lot.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
This John Deere dealer is located in Waynesboro, GA.; I drive past it on my way to our property in North Georgia. The lot has been full for about a month, and now it is crowded with equipment. The dealer has another lot across the street with more large compact and utility tractors parked in it. I have not noticed any turnover in my casual observations. Looking at Google images from around 3 years ago, the JD dealer's lot now has the same volume of equipment it had in the past.

The Kubota dealer is Waynesboro, only has about 1/4 the normal number of tractors (but up from 2 months ago). The Kubota dealer has had a large volume (as in it fills up the area) of various mowers and other implements/attachments throughout the summer. In fact, I believe I saw 4-6 grapples in crates; they have been there for about a month. The grapples appeared to be fairly large - possibly for a utility tractor.

If you are looking for something, you may just need to look/call/email dealers in your general area.

When I bought my LX in February this year at a different Kubota dealership, the dealer had the tractor (actually they had 2 SUs) and everything in my signature in stock. They only had to order the 3rd function valve kit. I had everything on the property within 10 days of purchase.
20210829_173305 (1).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Or, the green machines are just not in high demand! ;)

Have a great day OTT.

Jay

Reactions: 8 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I drove by the Kubota dealer this weekend. They had ZERO new tractors on the lot, other than 3 used ones in their used tractor area, 2 little Kubotas and a medium sized tractor of some other brand. They are also a Case dealer too, and they didn't have any of those.

The had some miscellaneous implements, but not many of those either.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I recall talk (from Neil from Messicks?) that the key gap was the steel tubing used to make hydraulic cylinders. Some manufacturers had locked in contracts and are fine, some didn't and can't get it. I wonder if that was code for "JD had a long term contract and are fine, Kubota didn't and aren't fine."

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I think dealers are getting caught up, it probably varies by region. I ordered my LX with a bunch of extra crap, it was ready in a week and a half from a dealer 2 hours away. Local dealer in NJ was saying 6-7 months. Pretty big gap there for the same stuff.

When I spoke to the dealer in DE, it went like this: "do you have one?" "yes." "what about the loader shortage?"... "what loader shortage?" :ROFLMAO: we both laughed because we knew there is a problem with inventory but I think some dealers are getting by while others struggle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I talked to my dealer yesterday. I was interested in seeing an L2501. None in stock but they do have the L3301 and the L3901. Its the same tractor I was told with different engines. Cant say I was surprised.

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Our local dealer has 3 locations,and are an Elite Dealer.
They were pretty short on LX and B models,but have them now.
FEL's and BX's-nowhere to be found!

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
Two Kubota dealers I visited when looking for my RTV had a number of new machines sitting on the lot. They both told me that all of these machines were sold and that they were waiting for various parts and/or accessories to come in prior to delivery to customers. I think some had been waiting for weeks and maybe even months for certain parts.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
My area Kubota dealers are pretty low on stock. Not sure they have 3 tractors for sale on either of their lots. A bunch of skid steers though.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
My local Kubota dealer in North Idaho seems to be getting a steady delivery of both attachments and tractors. However, nearly 100% of all of it is sold before it hits the ground. They have days where the entire lot is filled and you can drive by the next day and its empty again.

Reactions: 1 users

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
My local dealer has no implements and one tractor. Stopped by to order a top and tilt kit and was told it would arrive in May 2022

• Haha

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
My local dealer has no implements and one tractor. Stopped by to order a top and tilt kit and was told it would arrive in May 2022
If you are looking for a Top-N-Tilt for the MX5400 listed in your profile I know my local dealer has one in stock right now. I ordered one and they got two of them, its the L8388A kit. From what I see on the Kubota USA site its the same kit for your MX5400. Let me know if you want details, not sure what the shipping would cost on something like that but its better than waiting until May 2022. :)

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
I was at a "tractor auction" 2 weeks ago. Equipment was high, blades that never should have went over $200 were well over that, beat down worn out brush hogs were going for several hundred dollars the ones that had major issues, like no pto shaft, gear box leaks gear oil faster than you can or it in, holes rusted through through the deck.
Nearly worn out 5hp garden tillers, $400.
AN old but working round bailer, 7 grand...
I only wanted a peice of rail road track and a working Honda gx390, that RR track shouldn't have gone over $100 went for 200 and the Honda motor went to me for 200 which was normal to a Lil high.
I bought my tractor blade for $50 st that auction 3 years ago, it would have gone for at least $400 as I fixed it up a bit, but 200 if I resold it as found.

D

Deleted member 47704

I was at a "tractor auction" 2 weeks ago. Equipment was high, blades that never should have went over $200 were well over that, beat down worn out brush hogs were going for several hundred dollars the ones that had major issues, like no pto shaft, gear box leaks gear oil faster than you can or it in, holes rusted through through the deck.
Nearly worn out 5hp garden tillers, $400.
AN old but working round bailer, 7 grand...
I only wanted a peice of rail road track and a working Honda gx390, that RR track shouldn't have gone over $100 went for 200 and the Honda motor went to me for 200 which was normal to a Lil high.
I bought my tractor blade for $50 st that auction 3 years ago, it would have gone for at least $400 as I fixed it up a bit, but 200 if I resold it as found.
Thats why I bought new, it was cheaper than used.

Equipment is coming in here and there at my Kubota dealer. But for the most part the dealers here are picked clean, friend of mine when by a JD dealer they had one used junker and nothing else.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
At work we have been trying to buy service vans and trucks with limited luck. Right now, they may have some in November for us. We placed the order for them in April.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
Oh out here we only have a lowes as a big box hardware store and they are cleaned out of riding mowers and gas push mowers. The only place in town that sells commercial mowers has been sold out of them all since spring.
They get one in every now and then but they are sold before they even arrive.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Almost two months later, the JD dealer has more equipment - not less. They moved some of the equipment over to the lot across the road to make more room in front of the dealership.

FWIW, the New Holland and the Kubota dealers (different dealers) also have more equipment. However, the Kubota dealer probably only has half, or less, of his regular inventory. All of the Kubota tractors on the lot have loaders.

Last edited: