Intrusive adds

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Happening here too. Everything from Xfinity to Walmart. Have to close OTT and reopen. Yikes!

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Happening here too. Everything from Xfinity to Walmart. Have to close OTT and reopen. Yikes!
Whenever my browser has an update I lose the ad blocking, closing and reopening fixes that. I use FireFox and Ghostery.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Still getting hammered with it on mobile. Desktop seems ok. I can't get past viewing threads, much less replying.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
@The Evil Twin

Get the UBlock Origin add-on for your browser. I use it and see zero Ads or Pop-Up BS anywhere on the web. I use it on my phone, tablet and pc.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
@The Evil Twin

Get the UBlock Origin add-on for your browser. I use it and see zero Ads or Pop-Up BS anywhere on the web. I use it on my phone, tablet and pc.
It's not that. It's URL redirect warnings. Probably a bit of malicious code in the forum. I know for a fact it's not my phones. Both give the warning, and it is only this domain that it happens on.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
It's not that. It's URL redirect warnings. Probably a bit of malicious code in the forum. I know for a fact it's not my phones. Both give the warning, and it is only this domain that it happens on.
Thats odd. I've got no re-directs since joining the forum on any of my devices or PC.

I have had several times where the server was slow, but that type of bottle-necking can be coming from my side as well.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Thats odd. I've got no re-directs since joining the forum on any of my devices or PC.

I have had several times where the server was slow, but that type of bottle-necking can be coming from my side as well.
It is weird. Very. At first, I thought I contacted a virus. Didn't find anything. Then, it happened on another phone. It is random, and not every time I'm on the forum. It also only jappens with the mobile view. Not with desktop view on either device.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Get yourself a firewall appliance with a transparent SSL proxy. Block those ads at the firewall using blacklists and they never get downloaded. Your internet will be faster and no ads in your browser or "apps".

I've been doing that since my hughesnet days when my internet was restricted with a 300MB download limit Fair Access Policy. At the time I discovered half my internet network traffic was due to SPAM and ad servers.

Write a letter to your congressman demanding that internet companies be held liable for the content being delivered on their services. The number one source of virus and malware and scammers on the internet is google because they get paid to deliver malware from scammers. Google, facebook etc all profit from crime because they get paid by scammers ripping people off.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
They aren't ads. Traffic is being redirected from the forum IP. I've already traced the packets past the forum host. It's not internal to my network.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
They aren't ads. Traffic is being redirected from the forum IP. I've already traced the packets past the forum host. It's not internal to my network.
If this problem is on your mobile your device has probably been hijacked. I hope you don't do any banking on your device.

FYI I've lately been seeing a lot of spammers on my website coming in through cellular IP addresses. This means those devices have been compromised and are being used/controlled through malware. Great idea, infect mobile devices because they are always on and users are actively blocked by cell phone vendors from seeing or controlling what their devices are doing on the network.

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
If this problem is on your mobile your device has probably been hijacked. I hope you don't do any banking on your device.

FYI I've lately been seeing a lot of spammers on my website coming in through cellular IP addresses. This means those devices have been compromised and are being used/controlled through malware. Great idea, infect mobile devices because they are always on and users are actively blocked by cell phone vendors from seeing or controlling what their devices are doing on the network.
Nope, definitely not malware on my devices. Im pretty darn well protected. I manage my own, and my company managed the other. Work phone only gets used for work related stuff (except double checking the redirect traffic from this site, and other random testing). I don't surf the web with it.
Hasn't happened in a couple days now.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nope, definitely not malware on my devices. Im pretty darn well protected. I manage my own, and my company managed the other. Work phone only gets used for work related stuff (except double checking the redirect traffic from this site, and other random testing). I don't surf the web with it.
Hasn't happened in a couple days now.
This was the only website that I was having the issue with as well with the McAfee and AT&T adds popping up.

Hence why I started the thread.