Introduction

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
I just joined the forum. My name is Patrick Murphy. I have owned a Gravely professional 12G rider for over thirty years., which has been kept like new. Last Thursday l purchased a new BX 1880. I am waiting on delivery some time next week. I researched this purchase for two years. Our property has sloping hills, trees, & landscaping and is almost a acre. The primary use will be mowing, but l did get the pay loader for moving materials. I bought the smaller BX because it is the perfect machine for my requirements. Based on Kubota's reputation, quality and versatility and a dealer that is noted in the area for good service and honestly l decided on the BX . Is there any feedback on the 1880 that I might need to know ? I was a mechanic years ago and have the tools to do my own service.. l am fanatical about taking care of my equipment, but that's the way I am. I did not see an introduction forum so I posted here. Really looking forward to owning a Kubota, I have waited a long time for a new one. Hopefully it will be as awesome as my Gravely has been.

Reactions: 4 users

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
Welcome, Great folks on there with a wealth of Kubota knowledge.
Enjoy your new toy too!

Thank you Tughill Tim, Really looking forward to the new BX. I wanted it for moving dirt and mulch, but mainly cutting out lawn. Got the 48 inch deck and the turf tires.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
For one acre I think you made the right decision.

If you hit reply, then type your reply below the quotation, when viewing a specific post, it will be easier for others to read.

I should have done that but didn't! I just typed a reply. Sorry for no example...you have found a good place for lots of helpful information when needed.

Also remember it is good to have some weight on the 3 point hitch when using the loader if you are lifting anything heavier than maybe dry grass.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
For one acre I think you made the right decision.

If you hit reply, then type your reply below the quotation, when viewing a specific post, it will be easier for others to read.

I should have done that but didn't! I just typed a reply. Sorry for no example...you have found a good place for lots of helpful information when needed.

Also remember it is good to have some weight on the 3 point hitch when using the loader if you are lifting anything heavier than maybe dry grass.
Henro Thank you, l plan on spreading some top soil and luma dirt,and mulch. That's about it. Just filling in the low spots on the property. Thanks for the advice.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Welcome to forums. Great information here ! You will find a wealth of tractor info and a full range of opinions in the OFF TOPIC.
Not hard to tell that TUGHILL may be a New Yorker also. There are few us here. I think I am about the furthest south, in the area where Mass. , Conn., and NY meet.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your new Kubota as much as I’ve enjoyed mine. (A lot!)

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
IMG_20220702_141120846_HDR.jpg
Well guys, Yesterday was the day, The BX was delivered. Spent an hour with the delivery rep from the dealership. Today l went over the machine again, checking fluid levers, l hooked up my battery tender leads to the battery. Everything looks good. Would like to try to cut the lawn but it's been raining on and off so next week for that What height do you guys cut at ? Any recommendations?
I removed the top of the ROPS to get it in my garage, it was very stiff trying to get it to fold, l am going to reattach it before l cut. I took the loader off for now.

I gotta say it's a awesome machine..

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I cut down to three inches. I mow when the grass is between 5 and 6 inches. Hills have to be dry dry dry for my little B to feel stable.

TheMurf

Equipment
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
I cut down to three inches. I mow when the grass is between 5 and 6 inches. Hills have to be dry dry dry for my little B to feel stable.
Biker1Mike, Thank you. I have the deck gage set to 3 inches. I have a couple of hills . It rained this morning and the sun came out to dry it out this afternoon. I took the tractor down to the bottom of the hill just to see how it handled the incline. It climbed it like nothing in low range. I like to cut in dry, dry grass too.