installing live hydraulics on an L1501

podieroe

Equipment
tiller, scraper,posthole digger,chisel plow, layoff plow
Nov 22, 2010
chattanooga,tn USA
i would like to install live hydraulics on an L1501tractor, are there any kits available, or plans, i'm fairly industrious but i have virtually no experience with hydraulics,

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Doesn't that machine have live hydraulics? I don't think I've seen a Kubota without it. They all drive their 3pt hydraulic pump off the back of the fuel cam.

podieroe

Equipment
Nov 22, 2010
chattanooga,tn USA
my L1501 dosen't have live hydraulics, just sealed pto hydraulics, i too would like to install live on my tractor

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
My L185DT has an aluminum block that provides hydraulic power to the front where I have a 5 foot dozer blade mounted. I have no idea if this was a factory install or after market. If you can find an adapter such as this, then you should be able to run external hydraulics from that provided to the 3 point lift.
Jackie

Attachments

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
I think there is some confusion here about what live hydraulics are. Live hydraulics just means that the hydraulic system is independent of other systems on the machine, i.e., the PTO or transmission do not have to be engaged in order to allow the hydraulic system to work.

With that said, I believe what the original post is trying to find would be auxiliary connections for accessories.

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
Mine are live. I do not have to engage anything for my attachments on the front to work. Just find the splitter as shown in the above pictures. Have no idea where to find them but would be a very simple process to do if his tractor is anywhere close to same configuration.
Jackie

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
Also could go to a dealer and ask about the "flow priority valve". Ask to look at a parts breakdown. They may have a listing for an optional splitter as shown in my photos. I could not find a part number for that part.

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
I have an L1500DT with a loader. It has a fairly factor looking box mounted behind the operator's right foot that basically interrupts the pressure line. the pressure out side of the block goes out through a hose to my loader control valve. Then a hose goes from the loader valve back to the pressure in side. The only problem with this setup is that the tractor must be shut off when making and unhooking connections, otherwise you risk damage by deadheading the system.

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
I thought that my L185DT was essentially the same tractor as the L1500DT. The block that you describe is the flow priority valve. It is located on the left side of the L185DT. See above pictures. Yes, you are correct, there is flow through the system when the motor is running. Does not matter if clutch is engaged or not or if in gear or in neutral. Had to replace a leaking control valve as I was losing an excessive amount of fluid. Our older tractors (as far as I know) did not have quick disconnect. I suppose that with the correct parts and enough time and money we could convert our systems to quick disconnect fittings. I plan on replacing several hoses this summer and will investigate what could be done as far as quick disconnect fittings on the L185DT.
Jackie

wvshooter

Dec 11, 2012
WV
It would be nice if they were that similar. The four wheel drive system is completely different on mine.

The block on mine isn't a priority valve, its a diversion block. I believe full flow goes through the hose, to the loader valve, back down another hose to the block and then on to the rear lift.

Mine has quick connects. All they are is a screw on fitting available at essentially any hydraulic or tractor supply store.

Many of the parts for mine are the same as the North American models, just not everything. The 1500's are supposedly close to the 175's. It helps to build a good relationship with any dealers and parts places that have parts breakdown lists.

podieroe

Equipment
Nov 22, 2010
chattanooga,tn USA
WVShooter is correct, i am trying to add auxillary hydraulics, not live necessarily. sorry for the confusion, could their be a part number for the flow priority valve shown in previous posts(jbeenemd)?