Installing Ligths

Mactractor

Equipment
Kubota BX25
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
I am installing the additional lights on the ROPS of my BX25 and there is another wire that I am not sure what do with. I have the black wire and the red and black wire, but then there is an extra red and blue wire. Maybe someone here can help me?

Thanks

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I am installing the additional lights on the ROPS of my BX25 and there is another wire that I am not sure what do with. I have the black wire and the red and black wire, but then there is an extra red and blue wire. Maybe someone here can help me?

Thanks

Mac,

two ways to skin this cat,

Option "A" - run a new power source from the battery, a new fuse block and a new relay. This allows for future "thingys" to be installed. Not very expensive either.

Option "B" - cannot remember who posted this a while back, I copied it and pasted in my "Kubota folder"

" However did get a chance to test the wires,
the red wire is constant hot,
and the red with blue tracer is hot only when the key is on
."

my apologies to whoever posted this!:eek:

Flyboy

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, 5' King Kutter rear blade, 3pt Tow Hitch, Ballast box
Apr 6, 2014
Lake Villa, IL.
The red/black is 20 amps hot all the time fused at the fuse block. The red/blue is off the DC outlet and is fused at 10 amps and switched off the key. The black is ground. You can use a relay to control the 20 Amp with the 10 amp key switch, that how Kubtoa uses it with there work light option. I used it with a 4channel wireless switch and the key fob hangs on the key ring no holes in dash and no wires to run through the frame. I found the switch on ebay for $15.00 with two key fobs. You can search YouTube for the how to install a wireless switch on a Kubtoa.