Installing LED Light Bar on Cab of Grand L. Install question?

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Hey guys. Plan on installing a LED light bar on the front of my cab and a rear LED amber flashing hazard warning light on the rear. For those of you that own a tractor with a cab, is there already unused power for accessories in the roof area? Also, what is the easiest way to access this area? Does the head liner in the cab drop down? I plan on using a rocker switch the turn these accessories on and off. I just need to tie into the 12v system through the roof.

Thanks.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I ordered my L4060 cab with front and rear work lights. I think the fronts are standard? Anyway, I really just wanted the wiring, switches, and mounts, but it is certainly possible that the wires are already run from the cab corners to the switch area on the right side vertical post inside the cab. It appeared to me that the filter area at the back of the cab would be a promising place to start looking.

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
I ordered my L4060 cab with front and rear work lights. I think the fronts are standard? Anyway, I really just wanted the wiring, switches, and mounts, but it is certainly possible that the wires are already run from the cab corners to the switch area on the right side vertical post inside the cab. It appeared to me that the filter area at the back of the cab would be a promising place to start looking.
Yeah, I have the front and rear work lights on my L4060. They are okay. The LED light bar truly turns night into day. I installed one on my L3200 previous tractor and man, what a difference. I made a you tube video of it in action. I linked it below if you'd like to check it out.

I just wonder what is the best way to get to the wires in the head liner. I'd like to find someone that has done the install already. They'll end up helping us both. Wisdom. It's priceless. lol.

Here is the light bar link.

https://youtu.be/STAhuRgDGyI

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I misunderstood your post... I was thinking that you did not have work lights, and wanted to know if the wiring was there. I replaced the OEM lights with 55w (2 row 9") LED lights and they are perfect, and also used the Kubota mounting brackets with slight modification. I considered a single light bar but I did not want to bother with mounting it. I should have gotten a cab tractor years ago... Enjoy your tractor!

Jpred1

Equipment
Kubota 3540 w/Fel. Bush hog, 6 ft finishing mower, 6 ft disc,
Apr 11, 2016
Jemison al
There is. Power up there. Easy to get to if you remove the top. Take long bolts out from below, if they are short just put right back in. Maybe 12-14 10mm bolts and just raise plastic top right off.

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
There is. Power up there. Easy to get to if you remove the top. Take long bolts out from below, if they are short just put right back in. Maybe 12-14 10mm bolts and just raise plastic top right off.
Yes, thank you for your reply. I found plenty of usable power up there once I removed the roof. Was much easier than I anticipated. I got my light bar installed on the front and I also installed a roof mounted LED amber flashing front/rear facing bar for added security when near roads. Very pleased with the install.

I tied my front LED light bar into my front facing flood lights. So now when I switch on the floods, the lightbar comes on as well. I installed a switch for the roof mounted amber lights.
IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg