Indicator bulbs

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
So has anyone tried replacing the indicator bulbs (little 194 bayonet type) in the cluster for low fuel, glow plugs, etc with LED? I just ordered a bag of them. My hope is they're a little brighter and easier to see in daylight.

Reactions: 1 user

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Super Bright LED’s

Regular 194

Oversized

lmichael

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
Rockford IL area
FWIW , you won't save any energy (amps) going to 'CANbus' LEDs.
Don't care about energy. Just hoping to have the indicator lights easier to see in daylight. Last year I almost ran it out of fuel because I could not see the low fuel indicator winking at me. And the glow plug light when outside is hard to see.
I bought these AmazonSmile: TORYOR 194 LED Light Bulb White 6000K Pack of 30, 168 2825 W5W T10 Wedge COB LED Replacement Bulbs Error Free for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights : Everything Else
Hopefully they work. I have had the machine torn down the last 2 months. Repaint, new decals and emblems, super powerful LED array lights installed inside headlight housings (I don't like to mess up the original look by adding on), LED tail lights to replace what was only reflectors, added in power plug to rear with dash switch to run my pull behind sprayer and for when I electrify my pull behind broadcast spreader. All new mower deck links, new HST fan, full relube and service as well.
Going back together stage now. Can't wait!