In op block heater BX 2370

Elkers

Equipment
Bx2370, MMM, 50' blower, ballast box, piranha tooth bar
Sep 10, 2014
Elk Rapids Mi
The block heater on my BX stopped working after only using it twice. The tractor has just turned over 50 hours total time since new in July of this year. AI don't see where it gets any power from the tractor so I assume there is not a fuse connected to the heater. It has to go in for its 50 hr service in the next couple of weeks but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and what they have done to remedy it. Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The block heater on my BX stopped working after only using it twice. The tractor has just turned over 50 hours total time since new in July of this year. AI don't see where it gets any power from the tractor so I assume there is not a fuse connected to the heater. It has to go in for its 50 hr service in the next couple of weeks but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and what they have done to remedy it. Thanks
Ok, let me ask the first dumb question, not trying to be a smart a$$ - how do you know it stopped working ? because it does not get hot to touch? The cord that is being used, checked all that ? I would plug something in the duplex outlet you are using, verify the 120 v is there, and then test the cord, then take a ohm meter and check the two prongs on the end of the heater, I would think an Ohm test would show something close to zero ( maybe <100 ohms)

do all that and check back with us:)

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I can feel the warmth on my block when its been plugged in for a half hour or so.

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
from reading the OP's comments, maybe he thinks it is powered from the tractor battery ???
Probably obvious to most of us, block heaters have 3-prong plugs, need to be plugged in to your house/garage/barn power outlet.

Pete

Elkers

Equipment
Bx2370, MMM, 50' blower, ballast box, piranha tooth bar
Sep 10, 2014
Elk Rapids Mi
Thanks for all the replies, I have checked the outlet, the extension cord to the block heater and all checks out fine. I'll get back with the results of the test.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The block heater on my mom's car has 28 ohms resistance, is 450 watt heater. Just serviced it and tested heater.

A really good investment is something called "Plug Alive"
Shows wall current and if the intended load is working.
Is 20 dollars up here.
I keep forgetting to pick one up. Had one in my toolbox, someone needed it more than me.