In-ground Trampoline

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Hey all

So I was in talks this evening with a friend who was asking me about in-ground trampolines and what it would take. Has anyone here done this? I’m assuming it’s a full size residential round trampoline, so a hole would need to be about 3-4’ deep? I’m not sure at what height retaining walls come into play. Any insight or help is appreciated.

Thank you

Steve

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Not sure but I would think a french drain for the hole would be needed!

Reactions: 1 user

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
Sounds like an interesting project, I'd be concerned with how much stuff would "fall" including rodents into the hole, causing a pain to remove. Before anything confirm that his home owners insurance doesn't have an exclusion.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
yea.
for a half a second I was thinking "diabolical!!"
Then I realized, yea, uh, rainwater. <banghead>

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I remember as a kid there was a place that had a number of in ground trampolines, and they were fun. Better and probably safer than the ones that are up off the ground.

Still...I can't imagine a place like I remember being in business today.

I agree with the drain idea. Who wants a mosquito pit?

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Right, so the water collection would be the biggest thing. But being southern NJ, it’s very sandy pine barren type soil. I would have to figure that digging below the necessary depth, putting a gravel pit, with sump pump, would most likely address that issue.

And upon quick research, in-ground trampolines are sold as kits themselves. Interesting.

Then my next concern is, the cost of all of this, for a trampoline…..Hey, not my money.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I did one for my grandkids. It is on a slight incline, so I only had to take down part of the hill. It's pretty dry where I live, but we've had no issue with runoff. We raised the area around the front to eliminate almost all of the height and provide a level area and saved the dirt for another project. I reinforced the upper side of the hill with OSB.

We did an 8 ft diameter stock tank "pool" the same way except no reinforcement of the pool was required.