Important differenes between LX2610 and B2601?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hi, my B2650 has the 64" front snowblower with quick attach subframe that also accepts an angle blade and drum pavement brush. The blower up/down same as FEL boom control, with the chute direction off of the bucket dump/curl control.
I also normally have my B1560 box blade on as ballast and a fantastic snow and ice scraper/gatherer/mover, way better than trying to finesse the FEL sometimes, once you're comfy driving around and looking backwards. "Bulldozing" with the boxblade down in reverse is very effective.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
As a person largely motivated by price, I feel the LX is a little more tractor for a lot more money. They are both compact tractors of about the same abilities.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
One video I saw on the B2601 is that is has an underseat button (like was on the JD 4100s) to run the PTO while not on the seat. You have to tilt the seat forward and push a toggle switch. On my JD 4010, I had to tie the seat back in place to use the rear PTO for the wood chipper. It did not have the 4100's button.

Have not seen this on the LX. May be like the JD 2025R: just start PTO with brake on and in neutral and the rear PTO works. Not so for the mid PTO.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
FWIW, in terms of price, the LX SU and the B2601 cost about the same (according to the Kubota site).

However, no mid-PTO on LX SU.

Last edited:

AdmiralS

Equipment
ToolCat UW53 (On Order), LX3310HSDC
Dec 7, 2021
Hudson Valley, New York
One video I saw on the B2601 is that is has an underseat button (like was on the JD 4100s) to run the PTO while not on the seat. You have to tilt the seat forward and push a toggle switch. On my JD 4010, I had to tie the seat back in place to use the rear PTO for the wood chipper. It did not have the 4100's button.

Have not seen this on the LX. May be like the JD 2025R: just start PTO with brake on and in neutral and the rear PTO works. Not so for the mid PTO.
On the LX models you have a button on the dash. Set the parking brake, hit the button and the PTO will remain engaged once you leave the seat. On the newer B's you need to start with the seat flipped up to keep the PTO engaged.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I looked up PTO operation while stationary in the LX operators manual. There's a stationary PTO button on the dash in place of the underseat button on the B.

Some have reported problems with the stationary PTO button on this forum. The instructions are to push it and hold for at least a second. Gotta engage the brakes, too. Then just get off the seat.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I find my B2601 very comfortable to operate. Your size may influence this. I am 5-9. An LX should be more spacious. Larger tractors tend to have bigger seating areas.
I'm 6', the levers were really cramped. The rear valves fall out directly under the metal armrest bracket, so when the machine bounces, and the seat compresses, the metal bracket mashes your finger that is manipulating the rear valve lever. The seat is identical to the BX (is horrible). In general, it's very similar to BX operator station.

IIRC, the B uses the LA534 loader, and the LX uses the LA535. There's only 1 KG (2.2 lbs) of capacity difference.
B2601 gets LA435. Roughly 6" less lift height, 5° less roll back, and about ~200 pounds difference in capacity.

Last edited:

kehyler

Jul 17, 2021
Northeast
I'm 6', the levers were really cramped. The rear valves fall out directly under the metal arm rest so when the machine bounces, and the seat compresses, the metal bracket mashes your finger that is manipulating the rear valve lever. The seat is identical to the BX (is horrible). In general, it's very similar to BX operator station.

B2601 gets LA435. Roughly 6" less lift height, 5° less roll back, and about ~200 pounds difference in capacity.
Thanks, that's really helpful perspective. I'm 6', and when I sat in the LX2610 on a dealer's lot it did feel right.

I'm having a bit of starting line anxiety with the size of an LX2610 for my uses (see list here link). Think I'll regret the size?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
having only read your first post in that thread, I think the LX would be a great fit. A B2601 would also get it done. However, you'll be more comfortable on the LX, and have a little more capacity. There are no negatives going to the LX. The LX will fit everywhere the B2601 does. I did not buy the LX initially because I was hyper focused on 'staying small' to fit my limited storage space and tight woods, I didn't even want to consider it at the time. I would have saved a lot of money had I just bought it from the get go. I did not have the opportunity to test drive both at the dealer lot or I would have seen that they maneuver in practically identical ways.

the SU version loses a few of the comfort features, cruise control, and seat come to mind, mid PTO, this may push you towards B2601 over the SU version.

I am not price sensitive and I do not mow the lawn with my LX. If I did cut my own grass, the LX would be overkill. If saving every dollar counts or your primary purpose will be cutting a small lawn, those lend to B2601. But when I read your post I saw woods work, and gravel driveway work, i'd want to be on an LX.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I agree the LX, or for that matter the B2601, is overkill for mowing a lawn of moderate size; either would be a lot of weight on the grass. However, turf tires would help - presuming that they would not interfere too much with the other tasks. The local golf course crews use Kubota MXs with giant turf tires, and they can drive across very well manicured fairways without leaving a mark/trail.

In terms of mowing your lawn, you might want to give some thought to a PTO finish mower. It is not as maneuverable as a MMM, but it does allow you to back under trees and etc. However, the biggest advantage is hooking up. I back up to my 60 inch LP finish with my quick hitch, and I am ready to go in just a few minutes - same to disconnect. If you are doing driveway and woods work, you will need to remove your MMM, and that it a much more involved process. Now that I have reclaimed it, I mow a 2.5+ acre field with my finish mower, and it is nothing like mowing with my rotary cutter - much more civilized.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I looked up PTO operation while stationary in the LX operators manual. There's a stationary PTO button on the dash in place of the underseat button on the B.

Some have reported problems with the stationary PTO button on this forum. The instructions are to push it and hold for at least a second. Gotta engage the brakes, too. Then just get off the seat.
Closer to 5 seconds, but it will illuminate when it's picked up. The PTO on the LX models is hydraulic, just like the HST, so it's pretty easy to make a seal-in circuit to keep the seat safeties bypassed for stationary PTO operation. You MUST be sitting in the seat to make it work, though, and it will not come on unless the PTO is already engaged.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I'm 6', the levers were really cramped. The rear valves fall out directly under the metal armrest bracket, so when the machine bounces, and the seat compresses, the metal bracket mashes your finger that is manipulating the rear valve lever. The seat is identical to the BX (is horrible). In general, it's very similar to BX operator station.

Ok, didn't realize it was that much. Again, a big plus for the LX if the OP is wanting something that can lift more than 900 lbs, including itself. Just multiply the model number by 2.2 for an approximate lifting capacity. Gotta remember to deduct the weight of anything put on the boom, though. Does the LA435 come standard with the SSQA adapter? Or is that special order? Standard equipment on the LA535 models.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I am probably adding more confusion to the process, but if you want something smaller than the LX you might want to look at the BX series. They are smaller, lighter, and less expensive. The smaller lighter tractors come with limitations, but they are very popular.

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA

Yes but. The LX is less comfortable and much lower capacity compared to the Grand L. You can keep going up in size to get nice features and capacity until you have a tractor too large for your situation. In my case, the LX, while it is wonderful and yours is kind of my semi-realistic dream tractor, it's too tall even just by a few inches.

It turns out that mine with the R14 tires will just go in my garage with the ROPS up. I didn't think it would, as mine is a standard door, and doing so was and is an accident. And while it squeaks in, literally, in forward, when backing out the ROPS catches the door's lip enough to pucker it slightly. I think I can adjust the lift height on the door to get in without any contact, just haven't done it. I can get 1" and maybe 2". Not enough for a canopy I'd like, surely, but it'd sure be nice to not have to remember to lower the ROPS and to get off and do it.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
what does Grand L have to do with OP??? 🙄

Door height was not stated as a stipulation in OP. ROPS is foldable on all machines. Pick the right size machine for the job.

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
what does Grand L have to do with OP??? 🙄

Door height was not stated as a stipulation in OP. ROPS is foldable on all machines. Pick the right size machine for the job.
You were on probation. That response gets you added to my Ignore list.

P.S.: He didn't say anything about rear remotes, either, as I recall. Which removes 50 percent at least of your critique, going by your standard here.

Last edited:
  • Love

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

P.S.: He didn't say anything about rear remotes, either, as I recall. Which removes 50 percent at least of your critique, going by your standard here.

Getting Mossy..I mean saucy in here!

• Haha

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Would that be regular probation or "double secret" probation? 🤔 🤫

Kehyler- I read your other thread on needs, curious as to why you want to use a tractor to spin a generator?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I skipped getting a MMM for my new 2017 B2650 and for a bit less than a new RCK60-30BA in 2017 I got a new green hst riding mower for the approx. 2 acres I finish mow.
Found an old Woods M5 bush hog for a song and use it for tall stubborn grass/brush on trails, field edges, and keeping the forest from taking over our fields. Got it with the main shaft seal leaking copious gear oil, and after a little research went with JD corn head grease instead of 90W gear oil and haven't lost a drop since. No gear box overheating or noise either.

The B2650 is highly maneuverable, and I just love the split brake capacity on the left foot for really tight turning, and steering and traction control while pushing the front snow blower especially.

Reactions: 1 users