Implement Capacities?

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Hi Folks:
I was wondering where to look to discover the capacity of my B7800 to pull farming implements - chisel plows, moldboards, etc. It might make a lot more sense to hire out the plowing & discing to a larger farmer with larger equipment. I've got a 4-acre field that I'm rehabilitating. So far, I've removed the larger invasive species such as autumn olive and buckthorn, and had a controlled burn down on the land. Still, it's full of weeds now.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
David

dkizerian

Feb 2, 2012
Erda, Utah
Do you have the operator's manual? The one for my B7300 had a bunch of the common implements listed with recommended sizes, and weights.

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Do you have the operator's manual? The one for my B7300 had a bunch of the common implements listed with recommended sizes, and weights.
Yes, the manual is somewhat helpful. It appears it can use two 12" plow blades or two 22" discs if I'm reading it right.

And the advice from Steve also sees pretty good. It will take forever to plow a field one or two cuts at a time so maybe I'll hire the guy who farms all the property around here and save my tractor for other tasks.

Thanks for both of you.