Implement/Attachment you wish you had sooner

TheSpoon

Dec 2, 2015
MEEEEchigan
Scanning the forum and I found a list of everyone's "favorite" attachments (ended up turning into everyone just listing which ones they had) and I was curious. What are the 1 or 2 attachments you wish you had got sooner then you did?

Perhaps related: besides the normal uses of the attachments, do you have any attachments that are useful doing something they weren't necessarily intended for? For instance, there was a thread where someone was using their root grapple to split wood.

I'm getting my first tractor in the next couple months with a "mandatory" rotary cutter and grading scraper (will probably change this to a more useful box scraper) and have room for maybe another implement or 2. I see a lot that would be useful to me (Top & Tilt and root grapple for instance) but am curious what other ones everyone finally got that maybe did more than they thought they would with it

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Bucket forks. I am still amazed at all the uses I find for these things- moving small logs & slash, lumber, rollaways/toolboxes, furniture, (outside, not in the house) pipe, lawn cart, firewood, large rocks, my other tractor implements, work benches, ladders, concrete planters, a small storage shed, T-posts, rolled fence material, gates; the list is endless.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Piranha tooth bar for my bucket and a landscape rake with gage wheels for my BX23. A little more expensive on my list has to be my grapple for my rock bucket on my L4740.

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
Quick Hitch is a blessing. Forks are sure handy. Got mine from the junk yard and welded a QH plate to them. Next I would have to say the tiller. It does a better job and replaced three pieces of equipment, double bottom plow, disc, and spring tooth/cultivator.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A bigger tractor with a cab and AC and heater just in case it snow :rolleyes:

Fastdonzi

Equipment
New Grand L3560
Dec 4, 2015
East Tn
After 17yrs of having 2wd and No Front Loader.... Boy this sure is Sweet (L3560 w/Loader) :) I Heat 100% with wood. in the last week I have hauled in 5 trees. Didn't even feel sore the next day for the first time ever :) .... Now Ive got QA Forks too... I'm Liking it :) A lot

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
i would say the forks & grapple are the 2 I wish would have been purchased earlier.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
My whole setup, bought at one time except for the #3 which was a few months later...

1. B2650 tractor with quick release bucket
2. Pallet Forks
3. Grapple
4. Box blade
5. Bush hog

I probably would benefit from a flail cutter instead of a bush hog for my purposes but I really use all the front attachments frequently. I used to do all sorts of yard work manually and can't get over how much easier a tractor makes what I spent half my earlier years doing the hard way. Note you need a 3rd function valve for the grapple.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
When I bought my tractor pallet forks came with it I didn't think I'd use them much . I use them all the time. I have my welder and cutting torch mounted to a pallet , my gopher blaster on a pallet it makes it so easy to move your tools to your work location. I built a pallet with sides so when trimming trees I get in the pallet box and my wife lifts me up to trim trees I would be without pallet forks ever again

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Front End Loader, Hodges Stabilizer Bars, and pine straw rake! Ed B
I surely agree on both Hodge's stabilizer bars, and the pine straw rake! If you have pine needles, the rake gets about 99+% of them in a single pass. Also great for stirring up the gravel on the driveway before winter freezes it.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Pallet Forks.... Yep use them more then any other implement. I never imagined all the uses they have..

I have a funny feeling the new Piranha tooth bar will be very handy this coming Spring..

Last edited:

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I went almost a year before I got the Piranha toothbar, and ROPS led lights. Those two things I wish I had from day one!

Jerry

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Scanning the forum and I found a list of everyone's "favorite" attachments (ended up turning into everyone just listing which ones they had) and I was curious. What are the 1 or 2 attachments you wish you had got sooner then you did?

Perhaps related: besides the normal uses of the attachments, do you have any attachments that are useful doing something they weren't necessarily intended for? For instance, there was a thread where someone was using their root grapple to split wood.

I'm getting my first tractor in the next couple months with a "mandatory" rotary cutter and grading scraper (will probably change this to a more useful box scraper) and have room for maybe another implement or 2. I see a lot that would be useful to me (Top & Tilt and root grapple for instance) but am curious what other ones everyone finally got that maybe did more than they thought they would with it
Ron,

Hodges stabilizers, pat's quick hitch, box blade.

Burt