Implement Attaching Tips?

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Repititional practice. Gets easier the more you do it.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Has anyone ever used some type of overhead lift to pick up the implement and align the implement to tractor? Like an overhead trolley lift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Has anyone ever used some type of overhead lift to pick up the implement and align the implement to tractor? Like an overhead trolley lift
I had thought about that after my first couple times swapping implements, but all I have is a small folding crane and no concrete where I need to swap implements. I think it would work great with the proper setup.

yzinger

Feb 5, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Definitely a lot of truth in that statement. I can remove the BH and put on box blade or rear blade in minutes. This damn rotary cutter is a whole other beast - but as the comment says practice makes perfect.

I also like using a big bar to pry and stuff. Typically I just try to lift and shift but these things are heavy as F#$&!

Repititional practice. Gets easier the more you do it.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Yes the rotary cutter is the heaviest, I drop it off on a 4" wooden sill so its easier to scoot with the pry bar at the ready. I like the idea of bricks to mark the rear wheels.

Once I got the bottom links adjusted to width, its a lot easier now with an oil can at the ready to lather up the pins and swivels. I keep a top link adjusted for each implement and mounted ready since they're pretty cheap and I only have the three Cat1s.

Swampcreek

Equipment
2013 BX25 TLB Piranha Tooth Bar, BXpanded Body Armor
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
I just put Pat's Easy Change on my BX25 this week...WORTH EVERY CENT! Interestingly enough it was cheaper from Rural King than Pat's website! Of course I had to get a longer PTO shaft that I shopped around for to get one that didn't require cutting down ($150 Georgia Equipment Co.) and a longer top link ($15 or $17 Amazon) but I'm a boat owner so chain reaction purchases are not unfamiliar. Anyway, the mower used to be a pain in the butt (and back) but now it takes just a couple of minutes and is actually fun compared to wrestling the mower around!

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I use my chain fall with the post hole digger. I have not come up with a storage unit for it yet.
20181209_152056.jpg

Attachments

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
PHD’s are a royal pain when off the tractor. Cool idea with suspending it.
I keep mine dismantled on the floor since it’s not used much anymore. My 20 year old fence I put in is in need of replacement, but will likely insist on getting an ssqa hydraulic phd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
Hey guys, you might have seen a thread I started earlier speaking about "do i want a snowblower". Well, I have decided yes and it will be delivered this week.

Got me to thinking - what is everyones method to attaching tools to the 3pth?

For instance, I have a bitch of time each time I hook up rotary cutter, not so much with the rear blade as I can lift it side to side etc...

Also, might just be a fun thread.
Try this: Have a 4 or 5' x 1 1/2 or 2" pipe. Back up concentrating on getting the non adjustable lift arm close to lined up. raise it so it is level with the pin hole. Now place your "lever" pipe under the front or rear of the rotary cutter and gently move the cutter fore / aft to align the hole and install the pin. Go to the adjustable side adjust the arm up or down and lever the cutter fore / aft to align the holes. You will be amazed how easy it moves with the lever pipe. By hooking the non adjustable side first, you can easily compensate for any unlevel ground with the adjustable side. I frequently use this method on my 7' cutter. Hope this helps.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I use my chain fall with the post hole digger. I have not come up with a storage unit for it yet.

View attachment 39440

That is pretty much what I wanted to see. I really have to build a barn first

Search Post hole digger storage stand and go to a post by Bill Rigsby. He made a nice stand