Ice/Snow in Georgia

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia

I know you Northern boys will laugh but this is a big deal 40 miles north of Macon, Georgia. Had to use the Kubota to get the ice off the driveway. I was proud of "us". I bet Bulldog has some real snow pics.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Bulldog and I are just south of Chatt Tn and yes, we got snow. About 8 inches but thankfully, no ice. Mydrive is gravel so I couldn't scrape it but I was able to clear the neiborhood road out to the main road, over 1/4 mile.
One neibor brought me hot choclate. Ever try to drive a manual shift tractor and work a fel and box scrape at the same time??? I drank that choclate fast.

russbuckey

Equipment
L3400, FEL, Back hoe, landscape rake, back blade, 72" snowblower.
Nov 21, 2010
burlington Vt.
I would rather have 8" of snow than a 1/4 " of ice.

I also like the sunshine!

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Personally I'd just rather have it all GONE. We've had snowcover more than not since early Dec. Definitely a damper on trying to get the winter chores done. :D But.... the wife worked 4 days in the last three weeks due to holidays and weather. :rolleyes:

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Bulldog and I are just south of Chatt Tn and yes, we got snow. About 8 inches but thankfully, no ice. Mydrive is gravel so I couldn't scrape it but I was able to clear the neiborhood road out to the main road, over 1/4 mile.
One neibor brought me hot choclate. Ever try to drive a manual shift tractor and work a fel and box scrape at the same time??? I drank that choclate fast.
Left hand is for the shifter, right hand is for the steering and the loader, left foot for the clutch, right knee to steady the steering wheel, don't need the brakes (most of the time). Got to hold the mug of hot chocolate in your teeth. Gets confusing really quickly, but might be easier for across the pond where they always shift with the left hand.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
We had a mess up our way. I still have quite a bit of snow everywhere here. We were working cattle today getting some ready AI breeding. I'm glad nobody had a camera when I tripped and busted my ars on a frozen cow patty. I guess these will just have to do.

Attachments