I Want to relieve the pressure in the hydraulic lines of my snow plow

DaveN

Equipment
B3200
Apr 15, 2013
Boone, NC
I want to relieve ALL the hydraulic pressure in the two hoses of my snow plow in order to be able to swing the blade into position manually from now on.
What is the best and safest way to do this?
Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Am I to assume that you are talking about a power angle? If so about the only thing you can do is remove the cylinder from the plow, Im not sure if yours has the holes drilled in the plate for the drop pin,, if you just take the lines off the cylinder it will still just move around and not lock in place,, Why do you want to remove the power angle?

DaveN

Equipment
B3200
Apr 15, 2013
Boone, NC
The snow plow takes a pin and can be locked in position and used manually.
Changing out the hydraulic lines from the bucket in the summer and the plow in the winter gives me problems every time. That's why I want to use the plow manually from now on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here are couple options:
#1 Best option: Remove the cylinders, and set them aside closed all the way to protect the seal surface.
#2: Connect one cylinder to the opposite cylinder, start with one in and one out.
#3: Connect the two sides of the same cylinder to each other, (only works with dual action cylinders).

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Simple fix... Plumb up a "H" style arrangement with each hose for the swing cyl. going in and out one side of the "H". Splice a ball valve into the cross-over between the two legs. When the valve is closed it will operate normally, when open the valve you can move the blade by hand because the pressure can move from one hose to the other freely. Close the valve and the fluid in the lines locks it in place.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hell I would love to have a power angle, my fat old ares would never get out of the seat,,lol

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
cutting the hoses in half is the quickest way to make it manual.
all of wolfies fixes in post 4 are are better way
take wolfies #3 and put a valve in between and you should be able to lock at any angle

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Hell I would love to have a power angle, my fat old ares would never get out of the seat,,lol
I'll tell ya it is pretty sweet :D Not a fan of the electric shoot deflector. They only have a season of usefulness as water gets in to the motor way to easy :(