I need your opinions

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
I'm at a cross roads...
I have finally finished fabricating brackets (90%) to fit my loader to my tractor. Today for the first time I will put hydraulics to it and do an initial test. Today I can only hook up temporarily because I need to buy a new control valve because I do not have a power beyond valve. So I have narrowed my search to 3 choices.

A 2 spool valve as is on there now, a joystick valve, or a 3 spool valve to plan ahead for future bucket attachments. Any thoughts on which will be best operational wise? I'm not sure which way to go, and it's a pretty expensive part to get hooked up and wish I had bought another.

Also, I drained my transmission and cleaned 1 of my filter screens which was almost completely clean when I opened it, and replaced the other screen as someone tore the screen off completely. I also replaced the cartridge filter and and refilled with Super UDT oil. Now, I am adding in a loader that used a different oil, the color is red. I know the cylinders are spotless inside because I rebuilt them. I cleaned the rest of the lines as best possible by blowing 120 psi air through all of the lines for several minutes.

Will I contaminate my brand new and very expensive Super UDT oil? Should I run a while and change oil again or do you think it will be okay as is?

Attachments

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Go with as many spools as you can afford. Not only will the possibility of bucket attachments be opened up but so will rear hydraulic attachments should you choose some of those down the line. A "top and tilt" is nice depending on your uses.

The hydraulic oil situation should be just fine. The little oil that was left will not cause a problem since it sounds like you were very careful to blow it all out. There are puddles of old oil left in the transmission anyway.

Next hydraulic oil change should be revealing with the new screen to see if any chunks of metal were left over. Don't know why anyone would want to remove the original screen.

Quite a project you have going there. Hope it all works as expected.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Greg. I agree with GWD on the loader valve, buy the best you can afford. You will be using it a lot. If you ever want to put a grapple or a loader mounted blade the third valve will be there. The oil in the loader is probably dextron trani fluid and should not cause a problem.:D Dusty

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Thank you, I was leaning toward the 3 spool for implement reasons, but wasn't sure if the joystick's ease of use out weighed it. So I will go with either a 3 or 4 spool valve. Anyone know if the valves at surpluscenter.com are any good? maybe there's another place to look?

and after the initial test, the loader is working.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah I'm jealous thats a sharp looking loader, wish I had one. And I as well agree with the above. You can never have enough of a good thing. Smart idea on your part to think ahead for future needs!

If you ask me this is much better than just going out and getting a new battery.
one time my mower did not have enough power to even try to start. I filled up the electrolyte level and I didn't even have to charge it, I just put it in and it started the mower as if it had just came off of a charger.