I just got a used BX2230D!

greif

Equipment
BX2230 tractor, RCK54-22BX mower
Jun 20, 2021
Pittsford, New York
My first tractor, so any advice is appreciated. I am using it with a RCK54-22BX mower deck to mow several lawn acres and 1.5 miles of trails.

I also have about 5 acres of meadow, with long grass (1-2ft tall), the occasional small invasive rose or autumn olive. I was thinking of using the mower with the deck raised to mow the meadow; but saw a note in a manual about not engaging the blades with the deck raised. Anyone know what is bad about that?

I found that operator manuals do not seem to be available on line, but some other Kubota tractor models appear quite similar, and those manuals can be found. Anything I need to look out for with this model?

Thanks!

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I can't help you with the deck question as I did not get one with my BX2680, but congrats on your new to you tractor! Welcome to the forum!

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
I've used mine in the raised position many times over the years especially cutting rough stony land and have never ran into any problems by doing that. And yes I've read in the manual where is says that but I can't figure out why. All I can think is that it's a liability issue in case you run over something that causes damage to something /or somebody ??

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I was thinking of using the mower with the deck raised to mow the meadow; but saw a note in a manual about not engaging the blades with the deck raised. Anyone know what is bad about that?
I believe that is a safety thing, less debris will fly out and it harder to stick your foot in with the deck down.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My first tractor, so any advice is appreciated. I am using it with a RCK54-22BX mower deck to mow several lawn acres and 1.5 miles of trails.

I also have about 5 acres of meadow, with long grass (1-2ft tall), the occasional small invasive rose or autumn olive. I was thinking of using the mower with the deck raised to mow the meadow; but saw a note in a manual about not engaging the blades with the deck raised. Anyone know what is bad about that?

I found that operator manuals do not seem to be available on line, but some other Kubota tractor models appear quite similar, and those manuals can be found. Anything I need to look out for with this model?

Thanks!
I’ve used my BX 2200 a great number of times with the deck fully up without any issues. I also think it’s probably some kind of a safety issue on the part of the manufacturer. Fully up the driveshaft between the PTO and the deck is more horizontal so that’s better as far as angle of the U-joints.

I would not hesitate to do what you’ve asked about!

Reactions: 1 user