I hate my dealer

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
The same dealer who tried desperately to charge me over $600 for my ROPs, (ended up paying $221, probably still paid too much) then ended up screwing up the installation, taking out my 3pt linkage, then acted all put out because I wanted them to fix it. I could go on, but you get the idea. The parts guy is pretty decent, unless he's got a big dollar customer to serve. He does have to order everything, but at least he's willing. If I have to buy something in state, I try to wait until I need to go to the Mesa & buy at that store, (same owners) but at least I don't spend any money at the store you mentioned.
How come you guys in the great US of A can purchase your ROPS so cheap? Around 1990 I got a letter from Kubota Canada informing me that ROPS were now mandatory in Canada on new tractors and recommended that I go to my dealer for one. The dealers price was $900 so I just made my own for under $100 including seat belts (free).

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Check out the Kubota website. I'm not sure if it applies to just the states or also includes you guys to the North. The third tab "ROPS Buyers Guide" has the prices.

http://www.kubota.com/safety/RolloverProtectiveStructures.aspx
Thanks! I just sent a note to Kubota Canada to see what they say. Their web site states well under $200. It also says that all 1985 and newer tractors came with a ROPS so what happened to mine? Did they deliver a 1984 model to my dealer and sold it as a 1985?

Jan 30, 2014
Central NY
Here in central NY I have a choice of three Kubota dealers within 45 miles of each other. When I bought my B3200 two out of the three were within pennies of each other. The third dealer promise to match others,but when checking closer he wanted to charge for things the other two guys were doing no charge. I am happy with where I bought it, and I do call the salesman/manager quite often with questions, and he does the right thing,and gives me his time as I need. Like anything else in life, there is always a company or dealer that gives the other guys a bad rep. By way, love the new B3200 and this forum.
tonyvkubota, who did you buy from? I am currently shopping for an L series with White's Farm Supply. So far the dealer has been helpful and responsive to my questions in person and over the phone. Waiting for a warm day to go try a couple out . . Not as good a first impression with the Green and Blue tractor dealers here (Utica/Rome/Oneida triangle).

Thanks!