Hydro pedal swap?

Luckyman84

Equipment
L2501 DT
Apr 1, 2021
Virginia
Has anyone heard of swapping the much nicer hydro pedal from the Grand L to any other series of Kubota tractor? I ask because I wear a size 16 shoe, and the standard hydro pedal takes up far too much room on the platform, and doesn’t allow for me to slide my foot back far enough to transition from one direction to the other. I even sat on an MX5400 at the dealership the other day and found the same issue. Just throwing this out there, although I realize it is doubtful that the electronically actuated hydro would have a compatible pedal. Thanks in advance

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My guess is no because to my understanding they are two completely different units.

The Grand series is not mechanical, but electrical. The other L series tractors are mechanical control.

Although that doesn't mean that someone hasn't made an aftermarket one to replace the factor one.

Luckyman84

Equipment
L2501 DT
Apr 1, 2021
Virginia
I think I agree. I currently have the DT 2501, but with the constant back and forth of some of the loader work I have been doing, I thought the hydro would make more sense. It’s unfortunate how mammoth the price leap is up to the Grand L machines, but something tells me they are worth every penny.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I think I agree. I currently have the DT 2501, but with the constant back and forth of some of the loader work I have been doing, I thought the hydro would make more sense. It’s unfortunate how mammoth the price leap is up to the Grand L machines, but something tells me they are worth every penny.
Since all I have owned is the Grand series, I can't make a fair comparison. I will tell you the one item that I didn't think that I would use/need is the HST+ system on the tractor. After having the tractor, I use it every time I'm on the tractor. It basically takes the tractor from a 3-range system to a 6-range system. I had no idea the value/use I would find in that, but to me it is worth the extra money.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Yes its easy to do. I swapped a clutchless shuttle shift for hydrostatic pedals when I traded my tractor in. Next question newbie!

Reactions: 1 user