Hydraulics stop when warmed up

Sampsonight

Equipment
B7200HST B2551
Jan 6, 2022
Maine
I have a B7200HST with a B2551 front mount snowblower. The hydraulic ram for the snowblower lift will work for about the first 5 minutes of the tractor running. After which, the hydraulic pump will become incredibly hot and no longer lift. The hydrostatic transmission continues to be fine and not hot, fluid levels are fine.

What I've done so far:
Changed out filter
Cleaned screens (they were not dirty)
New fluid

I'm wondering what to try next before I go diving into the hydraulic pump? I don't have a hydraulic pressure gauge or anything like that. Today I'm going to plug the loader in and see if that works fine and the issue is more related to the snowblower. It's been used for 2 storms so far this yr and went fine last yr. I'll attach some photos. The third line I don't remember being hooked up for the snowblower. It's a low pressure return from my FEL
KIMG1284.JPG
KIMG1282.JPG
KIMG1286.JPG
KIMG1285.JPG
KIMG1281.JPG

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a B7200HST with a B2551 front mount snowblower. The hydraulic ram for the snowblower lift will work for about the first 5 minutes of the tractor running. After which, the hydraulic pump will become incredibly hot and no longer lift. The hydrostatic transmission continues to be fine and not hot, fluid levels are fine.

What I've done so far:
Changed out filter
Cleaned screens (they were not dirty)
New fluid

I'm wondering what to try next before I go diving into the hydraulic pump? I don't have a hydraulic pressure gauge or anything like that. Today I'm going to plug the loader in and see if that works fine and the issue is more related to the snowblower. It's been used for 2 storms so far this yr and went fine last yr. I'll attach some photos. The third line I don't remember being hooked up for the snowblower. It's a low pressure return from my FEL View attachment 72926 View attachment 72927 View attachment 72923 View attachment 72924 View attachment 72925
Sounds like you are deadheading the pump. Is that valve used for both loader and snow blower? Right now your tank return is through the 3pt so if that valve is not open to tank your pump is running against the pressure relief which would cause your overheating problem. Is the 3pt in the down and unloaded position?

I think your issue is plumbing not pump.

Dan

Reactions: 2 users

Sampsonight

Equipment
B7200HST B2551
Jan 6, 2022
Maine
Sounds like you are deadheading the pump. Is that valve used for both loader and snow blower? Right now your tank return is through the 3pt so if that valve is not open to tank your pump is running against the pressure relief which would cause your overheating problem. Is the 3pt in the down and unloaded position?

I think your issue is plumbing not pump.

Dan
😂😂 I never thought to check! Glad I joined and posted. Lever must have been accidentally pushed out of the way.... Pump was cool to the touch now, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user