Hydraulics question

beetlebaily

May 30, 2010
waynesburg, pa , usa
Hi,
I just purchased a used B7800 with 80 hrs. The front loader and backhoe were working fine. I took off the backhoe which runs off the main hydraulic line, put the 3 pt hitch on and attached a mower. Now the loader works slow and I can't get the hitch to operate. The arms are down and wont raise. Any ideas what's wrong??

Last edited:

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Is your backhoe self contained, or does it run off the main hydraulics? If it runs off the main hydraulics I'd check fluid level first. The 3pt uses gravity to lower itself, so if you have no weight on the arms, it will likely not move down. Lower your 3pt lever, then stand on the arms (with the tractor off of course).

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
When removing a backhoe that uses the tractor's hydraulic line to power the attachment, the hydraulic lines must be hooked up so that the oil can return back to the tractor. Did you hook them up?

farmervic

Equipment
B20
May 16, 2010
Thousand Oaks, CA
I had a similar problem. On my B20, there is a control valve that resides above the accelerator pedal. There is a bolt like screw about 3/4 inch that I turned by hand and it sent the hydraulics to the 3 point which allowed me to raise and lower the arms. Don't know if this will help you.