Hydraulics mods to L2900, help!?!?

Black Dog Chainsaw

Aug 19, 2015
Indianola IA
Hydraulics is a place I need to learn more about so I guess my kubota is a good place to start. I have read several threads on here about how to accomplish this and I'm new to "tractor" lingo so I'm going to need someone to dumb it down for me.

I'm wanting to do several hydraulic modifications to my stock L2900 to make it more user friendly to me. First is adding hydraulic hook ups to the front for a log/root grapple. I'm thinking that these have lift/lower and tilt function as well as grapple/pinch. So don't I need another separate set of lines to add the "pinch" function? What parts, lines etc do I need?

Second is adding rear hydraulics to power a hydro top link and maybe a log splitter or other various 3pt hydro units I will acquire in the future. Again what parts do i need where should I patch in?

I have read some on how to hook into the PB/power beyond line??? Is this the return line from the FEL? Do I hook in under the tractor or by the hydraulic controls up top?

Also is it cheaper/easier for me to make or just buy hydro lines pre made? I'm assuming this would take specialty tools I don't have so this might be an easy answer.

You can tell I'm a newbie so be nice! LOL. When I do this I can make a full thread with pics that can be referenced by others later.