Hydraulic response adjustment

reelkiller

Equipment
l4310 hst 4x4
Dec 4, 2014
Dawson Springs Kentucky U.S.A.
Hi all, My hydrauils have been a little jumpy as of late on my l4310 hst with fel. During inspection I found an adjustment screw under the footboard. When turned with a screwdriver it sped up the fel drastically. I need to buy an owners manual I guess but can any one give me some info on this? It seemed to make the hydraulics less jumpy but I wonder if it would be hard on the components working that much faster especially with heavy loads.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Post a picture of what your adjusting!
I don't know of any screw adjustment on the tractor that would change the FEL operation. :confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Awwww yes that is the hydraulic block selector, it's not really an adjustment, on or off are the only 2 real states.
And yes with it in the middle of those two states it will restrict flow drastically!
So no your not going to hurt anything, in fact your making it work right! :D

reelkiller

Equipment
l4310 hst 4x4
Dec 4, 2014
Dawson Springs Kentucky U.S.A.
thankyou for your help, apparently i have been using the tractor for 9 months with that selector in the center. After seeing it move so much faster i can't imagine how much better it will perform, and i was satisfied the way it was. These r great, fun little tractors. What do you think about the hopping motion i was experiencing? Could we have inadvertanly stumbled onto the fix? It started after leaving it out side on some cold nights but didnt go away when it warmed up outside. I was loading some heavy logs at the time too, i have put about 50 hours on it since the last service. I have noticed the oil in the sight glass looks milky but the oil at the filter does not look milky. I think I might be picking up air but I am not sure. There is a constant drip of oil right where the line that connects the transmission to the hyd. filter is but could it really suck air through that small of an opening?Now that we adjusted that selector it is much less noticeable though so my Dad thinks I ought to just run it like it is. Thank you again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
thankyou for your help, apparently i have been using the tractor for 9 months with that selector in the center. After seeing it move so much faster i can't imagine how much better it will perform, and i was satisfied the way it was. These r great, fun little tractors. What do you think about the hopping motion i was experiencing? Could we have inadvertanly stumbled onto the fix? It started after leaving it out side on some cold nights but didnt go away when it warmed up outside. I was loading some heavy logs at the time too, i have put about 50 hours on it since the last service. I have noticed the oil in the sight glass looks milky but the oil at the filter does not look milky. I think I might be picking up air but I am not sure. There is a constant drip of oil right where the line that connects the transmission to the hyd. filter is but could it really suck air through that small of an opening?Now that we adjusted that selector it is much less noticeable though so my Dad thinks I ought to just run it like it is. Thank you again.
Yes it will suck air into the smallest of openings, fix it when it warms up.
Cold fluid restricted fluid will do some odd things, I believe you will be really happy with the way it's working now. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The L4610hst had a similar valve. Turned it off when loader is removed,otherwise remaining hydraulics will not operate properly. Any leak, no matter how small it should be repaired. If it leaks oil, it will definetly leak air.