Hydraulic Quick Connects

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
My 2002 L3010HST has a Bush Hog FEL. When I bought the tractor a couple of weeks ago, I also bought a new 72" CID grapple. The grapple has 1/4" hydraulic lines adapted to 1/2" ISO 5675 male couplers.
I am ordering a four spool valve, which will mount just in front of the loader valve on the loader valve bracket. I need to order female 1/2" couplers for the grapple, and two sets of female couplers for the rear remotes I will be adding. My hydraulic coupler experience consists of decades of construction work where I typically would attach and detach various Bobcat accessories, such as back hoe attachments, augers, etc., but I don't have much tractor hydraulic experience, so I have some questions for the those knowledgeable about these things.

1. Is the ISO 5675 series of couplers the standard for smaller tractors?
2. Are the 1/4" lines on the grapple sized for slowing down its 2 cylinders?
3. Should I run larger lines from the valve to the quick connects for the grapple? (loader uses 3/8")
4. What size should I run to the rear remotes? (Planning hydraulic top and side link, possible tiller.)
5. Don't have plans currently for the 4th spool, can I plug those ports? If so, with what?

Thank you for your time.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I can't help with the couplers. I agree about the 1/4" lines on the grapple, if they are slow, you can always change the lines later. I think I would run 3/8 for every thing else. The 4th spool I would remove the handle then either plug the ports with steel plugs or join the ports together with a short hose.

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
Thank you for the reply. I think I will run 3/8" everywhere as you suggested. I checked the quick connects on the loader, and they are ISO 5675 series as well in a 3/8". I will replace the 1/2" couplers on the grapple with 3/8" and make every quick connect and new hoses the same size and series. Less confusion.