Hydraulic Lift

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
I have a Kubota L4310 2 wheel drive tractor. I’ve noticed that when I go to lift an implement 3 pt hitch does not start to lift till hydraulic lift control lever is 1/2 way up. All help appreciated.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have a Kubota L4310 2 wheel drive tractor. I’ve noticed that when I go to lift an implement 3 pt hitch does not start to lift till hydraulic lift control lever is 1/2 way up. All help appreciated.
Without seeing your tractor this is a wild guess. look at the bottom of the lift arms and there is more then likely an adjustment that can be made so that the height at the hitch pin can be adjusted. If those pins drop low to the ground most of the travel of the lift arms may be used up before the unit starts to lift. If you adjust the lift arms so they do not drop down as far then you will start to pick up the implement sooner and have more control of the height adjustment.

Second question: do you have draft control on that tractor? If so relocate the draft control lever and see if the lift arms have a better response.

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
Yes, fluid level 1/2 of sight glass
Without seeing your tractor this is a wild guess. look at the bottom of the lift arms and there is more then likely an adjustment that can be made so that the height at the hitch pin can be adjusted. If those pins drop low to the ground most of the travel of the lift arms may be used up before the unit starts to lift. If you adjust the lift arms so they do not drop down as far then you will start to pick up the implement sooner and have more control of the height adjustment.

Second question: do you have draft control on that tractor? If so relocate the draft control lever and see if the lift arms have a better response.
Thanks for the Information, no draft control, only option I really like is a Creeper gear.