Hydraulic hose treatment?

Atlanta Panther

Equipment
Kubota L3200HST with Loaded R4 Tires, LA524 Loader and Quick Connect 66" bucket
Jun 15, 2013
Madison, Ga
I notice that my hydraulic hoses seem to be getting "dried out" and maybe getting brittle and ready to crack. I was wondering if anyone used some type of rubber treatment to keep them flexible and protected from UV destruction. For the record I've never disconnected them and I have about 500 hours over 10 years on them.

Just trying to keep a hose from splitting on me.

Thanks!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
No to using sprays unless you enjoy pulling wires from your hands if you intend to wipe off the excess. Cracked hose means soon to leak, soon to replace. Sprays are cosmetic only.

Sunlight isn't your friend, hose sleeves help protect your hoses. So does parking your machine out of the elements.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I think that 303 Protectant is what you are looking for. Of course you are very late to the game, much of the damage is already done.

Reactions: 1 users

BozenBota

Equipment
LX2610; RCR1542, FDR1260, BSS54P, PFL1242, STB1072, MacKissick TPH123
Jan 9, 2022
Capital Region, NY
I know it’s not directly on point, but I’ve had the pleasure of doing some hydraulic hose work over the last couple months and can say that replacement of worn out hoses and fittings is not burdensome. NAPA built a new (1’) bucket cylinder hose for me recently for a reasonable price. Which was reasonable to install. Maybe forgo the treatment and just have some new hosese built?

Reactions: 1 user