Hydraulic Fluid for 2005 Kubota L2800?

whiteoaks

Equipment
L2800
Apr 22, 2012
New Mexico
My 2006 L2800 hydraulic fluid sight glass shows I need to add fluid. My tractor has a manual transmission. Should I only use Kubota brand hydraulic fluid or is there another brand and type that is approved and safe to use? I have a LA463 loader attachment in case that makes a difference. Thank you for any helpful answers.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
The general consensus is any Universal Tractor Fluid works just fine but some people prefer the peace of mind knowing they're using Kubota's recommended fluid. Don't use straight hydraulic fluid though. The transmission gears also run in that fluid and straight hydraulic fluid won't lubricate them properly. Anything that says trans\hydraulic fluid or universal tractor fluid should work fine. I know a few people use Sam's Club fluid. Tractor Supply carries the stuff as well, Autozone, the list goes on.

whiteoaks

Equipment
L2800
Apr 22, 2012
New Mexico
Thanks Stumpy. Glad you explained the details of which type of fluid to use and that regular hydraulic fluid doesn't lubricate properly. We have a new Tractor Supply in town so I will check them out.